Undoubtedly the beetroot is the bearer of countless nutrients and through its properties it manages to offer you energy and wellbeing to your whole body, a delicious way to refreshing way of consuming it is in the form of smoothie that also allows you to add various ingredients to enhance its flavor and benefits, highlighting their contributions of folic acid, potassium and vitamin C and A. A vegetable with a perfect red colour and recommended by specialists thanks to its richness in iron, flavonoids and fiber as well as capable of providing a balanced diet full of benefits without fat.
A beetroot smoothie for every need
Here are 3 incredible recipes for various beetroot smoothies with ingredients specifically chosen to enhance their qualities, so you can perfectly direct the benefits offered towards your personal health and wellness needs. I leave you with the ingredients and the steps for its preparation.
Beetroot and ginger smoothie against anaemia
- 3 beets.
- 2 apples.
- 1 piece of fresh ginger.
- Ice to taste
- Some mint leaves.
- Optional sweetener (honey, sugar or syrup).
- First of all, peel the beetroots, cut them up and keep a few slices for the final decoration.
- Next, peel the apples, remove the core and cut them into pieces.
- Peel the ginger and cut it into thin slices, you can also reserve some for decoration.
- You can process these ingredients with the help of a blender, a mixer or a food processor, add the beets, ginger, apple and ice. Also, if you have a sweet tooth, you can perfectly incorporate some sweetener.
- Process until you get a homogeneous mixture and serve in individual glasses, accompanied by a few mint leaves and a slice of beetroot and ginger.
The beetroot keeps a taste quite inclined to the earthy, hence effectively used in its preparation accompanied by other ingredients to enhance their properties and thus manage to disguise this peculiar quality of its flavor.
Beet and Banana Smoothie for a Healthy Heart
- 150 grams of raspberries.
- 150 grams of raw beetroot.
- 300 grams of banana.
- 400 milliliters of water.
- Peel the beets and bananas into similar sized pieces, wash the raspberries and set aside.
- In the blender proceed to blend the beets with water until you get a fine puree consistency, then add the raspberries and banana and continue blending until you get a fine mixture and homogeneous consistency.
- Serve immediately to avoid oxidation of the banana and to enjoy all its properties and benefits in terms of taste and nutrition.
Antioxidant Beetroot Smoothie
- 1 beetroot (cooked and peeled).
- 4 carrots (washed and peeled).
- 4 apples (washed and peeled).
- The juice of 1 lemon.
- 1/2 liter of natural orange juice.
- Cut the beetroot in half first and then you can cut it into slices or quarters.
- In the blender pour the lemon juice and the 1/2 liter of orange juice.
- Add the apples cut into quarters or if desired in even smaller pieces to increase the blender’s processing speed.
- Finally, add the chopped beets and blend all these ingredients until you get a very homogeneous consistency.
- Serve immediately in individual portions and to enhance the flavour add a few drops of lemon and orange juice on top of each individual glass.
A beet smoothie that can do a lot for your health
Beetroot is considered a superfood for a variety of reasons, from its perfect qualities, to its anti-carcinogenic thanks to its flavonoids such as betanin, to its advantage to be the perfect reducer of blood pressure by correctly increasing the concentration of nitric oxide in the blood and achieve optimal dilation of blood vessels.
It is also unsurpassed in providing you with lush skin, strong nails and rejuvenated hair thanks to its vitamin B9 content, folic acid and vitamin C. and if you suffer from bothersome episodes of constipation, this vegetable is perfect to provide the necessary fiber and to maintain the effect of constipation prebiotic for an ideal intestinal transit.
In addition, it maintains the properties of a perfect detoxifying and detoxifying food. depurative with what people with fatty liver, cirrhosis or hepatitis should include it in your diet, and unbeatable for weight loss diets to be a food energy and that gives you calories of easy assimilation and that you can combine it very well with the green smoothies to get a real burst of health for your body.
So don’t wait any longer and start achieving the desired health and the nutrients delivered by the beets in a healthy way, refreshing and delicious with these great smoothie ideas that are quick and easy to make from your own kitchen with ingredients you may very well have on hand. Your body will thank you.