The celery and apple smoothie is a drink very rich in flavor and in vitamin A and vitamin C. It is one of the best natural remedies to reduce cholesterol , and it is ideal to serve for dessert or mid-morning. As it brings us many benefits, in this article we will teach you how to prepare this delicious and complete drink .
What celery gives us
Celery is a vegetable that is grown throughout the world . It is a very common ingredient in soups and broths, especially since its sodium content adds a light, pleasant and interesting salty flavor . It is also a very healthy ingredient, as it only has 19 calories and 0.20 grams of fat . In addition, it provides us with moderate amounts of both vitamin A and vitamin C.
This vegetable has very beneficial properties for two important problems : cholesterol and high blood pressure, as it helps reduce it. It has small substances called phthalides , which stimulate the secretion of bile juices that reduce blood cholesterol, in addition to reducing blood pressure by reducing the level of stress hormones. Not only that: in addition, due to its high water content, it also helps reduce the symptoms of urinary infections .
Celery and apple smoothie
So far we have talked about celery, but the apple also has very good properties . It is rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus and potassium. Besides, thanks to the fact that it also contains malic and tartaric acid, it facilitates the digestion of those foods that have a high fat content . As you can see, this smoothie is very healthy, and you will also see that it is not difficult to prepare.
- 4 stalks of celery
- 80 grams of baby or small spinach
- Half an apple
- Juice of a squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons Stevia sweetener
- 300 ml of water
Making this fresh and complete drink is a very simple task that just requires five simple steps :
- Put water and drops of vinegar in a container to clean the vegetables. When you’re done, run them under the tap and drain .
- Peel the half apple and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Cut the celery stalks to fit in the mixer .
- Put all the ingredients in the blender. Once inside, grind them until they are all crumbled .
- Pass this preparation through a strainer to achieve a better result.