Nature provides us with all kinds of useful resources to optimize our daily performance. Whether you spend many hours in an office or devote a good part of the day to an intellectual activity or study, or if, on the contrary, you try to discipline yourself by frequently going to a gym or prefer to develop in a sporting activity, consuming a drink like the one we will show you how to prepare now is ideal.
In this case, we present a recipe with a couple of ingredients that are attractive for their nutritional value and how easy they are to obtain. This oat and banana smoothie serves to fuel you on many occasions, but is especially recommended when it comes to long-breathing activities.
What are the properties of oats and bananas?
Due to its high fiber content, oats are an essential ingredient in healthy diets, as they contribute greatly to regularize the functioning of the intestine, contribute to the elimination of toxins, and provide a not inconsiderable percentage of B vitamins. It is one of the most economical and multifunctional cereals in the kitchen, since its use ranges from atoles to its use as an ingredient to mix in cakes or also commonly used in energy bars. Not to mention its presence in ice cream and other desserts.
For their part, the bananas are a very rich source of vitamin C and potassium, so its carbohydrate content stimulates the generation of energy to the muscles, also generating a feeling of fullness, which is highly recommended when it comes to activities that require sustained effort for many hours.
If you are encouraged to consume just one small portion of banana daily, it will provide you with 3.1 grams of fiber (12% of what you need per day). That same portion provides a total of 27 g of carbohydrates. The banana also provides 1.1 g of protein, which is 3% of the recommended daily amount.
Both ingredients are highly appreciated in the world of fitness and green or healthy lifestyles and due to their peculiar flavors, more bland, as in the case of oats, or sweet when it comes to bananas, they generate a very pleasant sensation when consumed together.
On the other hand, if you want to cleanse your body
this infusion helps your body to detoxify from the inside; Check out the benefits.
A recipe for winning marathons
It is advisable to consume this shake with the food you eat, or served plain in a glass, if you prefer. Because it is an excellent complement, and could easily replace the requirements of your diet for demanding physical activities, as long as you do not suffer from any chronic disorder, which requires the respective attention of specialists.
- 100 grams of small oat flakes.
- 2 bananas.
- ½ cup of water.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 1 non-fat plain yogurt.
- brown sugar or sweetener.
- 30 grams of raisins.
- 30 grams of dates.
- cinnamon (optional).
- The first thing to do is to soak a cup of oatmeal in a bowl of warm water. Make sure the water completely covers the oat flakes. A couple of hours will be enough for them to soften. After this time, strain the remaining water from the container and add the suggested proportion of water.
- Now, you must prepare the banana for the smoothie. Take a ripe banana, peel it and cut it into slices. Place the banana slices together with the oat flakes in the blender jar or in a blender-safe container. Add a glass of milk and a cup of nonfat plain yogurt and start beating all ingredients at medium speed. Do this for a few seconds
- While continuing to whisk the ingredients, gradually add 3 to 4 tablespoons of brown sugar or sweetener of your choice, the raisins and dates. In case you want the texture of the banana oatmeal smoothie to be a little lighter, use powdered sugar instead. Then, continue beating all the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
Finally, proceed to strain the mixture to obtain a thicker and smoother shake. As you can see, in a few moments your oat and banana smoothie will be ready to serve. Keep it in the refrigerator if you want to drink it cold and, if you like, add a little cinnamon on top.
When you try it, we guarantee that it will serve as a nutritional supplement for your most demanding activities, including the most pro and extreme sporting events throughout the year that has just begun.