The peach smoothie stands out for being a very tasty smoothie with a smooth and interesting texture. The peach, in itself, has a lot of flavour. Therefore, when mixed with the rest of the ingredients in the preparation of the smoothie, the final result is excellent. It is served cold, and can be taken at virtually any meal of the day: snack, breakfast, lunch, mid-morning… In this article you will learn how to make one so you can enjoy it yourself, you do not know the benefits of a smoothie here we tell you all.
Properties and benefits of peaches
It’s no secret by now that fruits have become an indispensable part of our diet. Not only are they refreshing and very tasty, but they also help us to take care of our health. Among them, the peach is one of the most beneficial for us without any doubt. Among other things, it can keep our skin younger, although it may seem incredible, because it helps the formation of collagen.
Its properties are as follows:
- It is a fruit rich in fiber and water. It also has a high carotene content. These pigments provide a lot of vitamin A.
- It provides us with many vitamins: A, B1, B2, B6, C and E.
- It contains many minerals: calcium, potassium, phosphorus, sulphur, iron, magnesium, manganese and copper.
- Various antioxidants
As a source of vitamin C, it fights the formation of free radicals, which are unstable molecules produced during normal cell metabolism that can accumulate in cells and damage other molecules, thus increasing the risk of cancer. In addition, the peach is a fruit suitable for diabetics, because it has a lot of fiber; and finally, it reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, mainly thanks to its fiber content, potassium and vitamin C.
How to make a peach smoothie
The peach is a fruit that gives a great touch of flavor and texture to the smoothie. So much so that you’ll probably prefer to drink it as a smoothie rather than in bites or chunks. That said, here’s all the information you need to prepare it and enjoy it too.
- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 glasses of milk
- 2 plain or peach yoghurts (to reinforce the flavour)
- Sugar (optional)
- Ice (optional)
Like other smoothies or natural fruit smoothies, the peach smoothie is not difficult to prepare. All you have to do is follow these four steps:
- Peel the peaches well, remove the central stone and chop them well before pouring them into the blender jar, which is where we will prepare the smoothie.
- Then add the milk and the yoghurt. You decide the amount, depending on whether you like your smoothie thicker or more liquid. If you see that you need to add some more peaches, do it without fear. This will prevent the milk and yoghurts (if they are natural) from making the smoothie taste less peachy, which is the flavour we want to achieve.
- Add sugar if you want to sweeten the smoothie more, once you have blended all the ingredients in the blender jar.
- We advise you to add some ice cubes, whole or chopped, to ensure that you serve this smoothie cold. This way, it will be tastier and more refreshing.