The amount of folic acid, vitamin C and other minerals that strawberries contain has made them a healthy, cleansing, antioxidant and nutritious option ; In addition, its flavor can be adapted to various cooking preparations, including a delicious strawberry yogurt smoothie.
For its part, yogurt is rich in vitamin B12, A and probiotics that protect the digestive system , which is why it is highly valued when it comes to normalizing gastro-intestinal functions. Find out in this article how to prepare the tastiest and most colorful smoothie, along with the benefits of both foods.
Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
Now that you know the benefits of this yogurt smoothie, we have prepared this list of ingredients for you to prepare and serve it to your friends or family, the amounts are for four people but you can adjust them by making a rule of three.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 250 gr of strawberries.
- ½ liter of natural yogurt, either traditional or Greek.
- If you opted for Greek yogurt, which has a very thick consistency, add ½ cup of almond, soy or coconut milk.
- Stevia or honey to taste.
- Optional: 1 banana and fresh spinach leaves.
- Blend the ingredients in the blender until the smoothie is creamy and smooth.
- Serve with a few pieces of strawberry on top to decorate.
Tips to make the perfect smoothie
- If you want more granita, add the frozen strawberries or, failing that, ice.
- To sweeten, use stevia or honey. It is possible to add sugar, but the above are healthier alternatives.
- If you replace traditional yogurt with Greek you will get more protein and less sugar, achieving a better satiety effect that will prevent you from snacking between meals.
- If you add other fruits you will make the smoothie even more complete, such as kiwi, pineapple, apple, pear, peach.
- If you want to give the smoothie a special touch, add chia seeds , a fabulous antioxidant that activates the metabolism and provides Omega 3 fatty acids.
- For a more intense flavor, before preparing the shake, let the strawberries rest in a container with sugar, in approximately 45 minutes you will see how the juices come out and integrate, forming a kind of syrup. Place this mixture in the blender with the rest of the ingredients, although in this case you will not need stevia or honey.
- They contain antioxidants, which is why they help prevent cell oxidation. This translates into a decreased risk for the onset of cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer’s or cancer .
- A cup of strawberries contains 150% of vitamin C recommended in the daily intake, which protects the immune system, prevents heart disease and eye diseases.
- They keep the brain active and delay its aging, due to the amount of flavonoids they contain.
- Strawberries are rich in fiber, low in calories and highly cleansing, which is why they are widely used in weight loss diets.
- They are a source of potassium, phosphorus and calcium , thanks to which they protect the heart and reduce risk factors for high blood pressure and atherosclerosis.
- Due to their composition, they allow regulating cholesterol and blood sugar levels, which means avoiding diabetes and high triglycerides.
- The amount of fiber they contain normalizes the digestive processes and detoxifies, like this infusion of strawberry, cucumber and kiwi .
- The high rate of probiotics in yogurt allows you to optimize the functions of the digestive system, facilitate the breakdown of food and take care of the immune part .
- It is a rich source of calcium that protects bones and teeth.
- It has vitamin B12, B2, B3, phosphorus, potassium and a little Omega 3, which protect heart functions.
- It allows good bacteria to be activated in the intestine that eliminate carcinogens or toxic elements . That is why they are a natural treatment against diarrhea.
- Lowers LDL cholesterol, which affects the body, and triglycerides.