Have you ever made a recipe why you thought it was too complicated? Well, you’ll see how easy it is to make this asparagus and blue cheese quiche , the result is perfect and delicious. A quick and easy option to prepare an attractive and healthy starter, and best of all, this savory cake , apart from being easy, is just as succulent cold as it is hot.
Quiche is a salty cake of French origin and this word comes from the word küchen, from the Lorraine dialect spoken in northern France, which means cake. There are hundreds of variants, but the quiche lorraine is the most famous, although you can make other combinations and stuffed with salmon, bacon, prawns, ham … And if you have Thermomix you can prepare it just as well.
I’m also going to tell you how to prepare the shortcrust pastry so that it looks great on you.
I recommend that you do it because a quiche served at a meal is always a sure success because everyone likes it.
How to make the shortcrust pastry
If you want to skip this step, you can buy sheets of shortcrust dough or shortbread dough at the supermarket.
- 300 gr of flour
- 150 gr. of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
Step by Step:
- Make a volcano with the flour, add the butter cut into cubes and join everything to form a homogeneous dough. Don’t knead it too much so it doesn’t get too hard.
- Form a ball, wrap it in cling film and store it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After this time you remove the film and put it on a floured surface and stretch it, with the help of a roller, from the center outwards.
- Line a low mold with parchment paper and place the dough on top, pressing lightly around the edge to shape it.
- Once it is well molded, pass the roller along the edge and thus you will remove all the excess easily.
- Prick the dough with a fork so it does not rise. Place an aluminum foil and top with beans or chickpeas so that it does not curl.
- With the oven previously preheated to 180º C (up and down) you cook the dough for about 10 minutes, until it is slightly toasted. This step is very important so that the dough does not break under the weight of the filling. Then when you bake the cake it will finish cooking.
How to make the filling
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 leek
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml of liquid cream for cooking
- 100 gr of cream cheese
- 50 gr of blue cheese (optional)
Step by Step:
While the dough is cooking you can prepare the filling for this appetizing asparagus quiche.
- Remove the woody part of the asparagus and the parts. Peel and cut the leek into elongated pieces. Cook everything in a saucepan with boiling water and salt until tender. When the drains and reservations have been made.
- In a bowl put the eggs with the cream, cream cheese , salt and pepper to taste and beat well.
- On the base of the cake, put the vegetables, the blue cheese crumbled or cut into small cubes and cover it with the egg and cream mixture, letting everything soak well.
- Rinse the tomatoes and place the tomatoes on top to decorate.
- Finally, bake the quiche at 180º C for 30 to 40 minutes or until the filling is set.
I trust you will prepare this wonderful asparagus and blue cheese quiche. You’ll see what a surprise everyone is going to get when they try it.
More interesting recipes
Garlic chicken with beer
Macarons. Easy step-by-step recipes
1.10EUROS / PERSON
|Otras recetas con esparragos|
|Quiche de espárragos y queso azul||Risotto de espárragos|