The Baked caramelized sweet potatoes are indisputably a recipe that the whole family will love thanks to their pleasant taste already the amount of nutrients and vitamins that can contribute to the body, are highlighted in fiber and help you directly in the weight loss diets because a serving of sweet potatoes only contains 100 calories. This recipe, in addition to being delicious and quick to prepare, benefits your skin, nails and hair and is perfect for pregnant women thanks to its high content of folic acid .
Baked caramelized sweet potatoes for any occasion
A highly versatile food capable of masterfully replacing potatoes on many occasions and which represents one of the most widely used garnishes today. Sweet , bright and tender when prepared in its caramelized form, it is capable of being the ideal accompaniment to any main dish. And of course an easy and simple preparation so that you do not complicate yourself and get that distinctive gourmet touch for a special occasion.
How to prepare caramelized sweet potatoes
Ingredients needed (for about 6 servings)
- 3/4 of a kilogram of sweet potatoes
- 100 ml olive oil
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Steps to prepare them:
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes into 0.5 cm thick slices or julienne and bring them to a boil for about 25 minutes of average time or until they are soft, remember to salt the water and use 2 liters of water for every kg of sweet potatoes. It will be your free choice if you want to prepare them with or without their skin.
- When the strains are done and you let them drain very well, then you prepare a baking dish with the olive oil and place the sweet potatoes on it, sprinkling them with the sugar.
- Take them to bake with the oven preheated to 200 degrees for a period of about 20 minutes. You must be very careful to stir so that the caramel can permeate the entire physical structure of the sweet potatoes.
- Before serving you can add salt and pepper to rectify the seasoning to your liking. You can also perfectly use aromatic herbs of your choice to enhance its flavor and give this recipe a personal touch.
The same recipe for caramelized sweet potatoes with different versions
Sweet potatoes thanks to their meatiness and structure allow you to have a wide range of options to be prepared caramelized in the oven, you can make them by adding honey instead of sugar as well as preparing them in puree reaching a much more sublime texture and increasing its ease to be consumed. Of course, preserving its nutritional qualities and advantages and its sweet and pleasant flavor.
Remember that Sweet potatoes are the ideal companion for all types of meats or simply to be enjoyed as an evening dessert that will provide large doses of flavor, sweetness and a lot of fiber to your daily diet as well as excellent doses of folic acid, a essential vitamin (B9) as well as vitamin D for women in a gestational state so that the new life they carry within their being can develop perfectly.