Broccoli bread is an ideal recipe for people who are intolerant to gluten and as a special measure to achieve preparations of high nutritional value. It is also an extremely simple and valid way to achieve the introduction of this food in the diet of children , allowing them to get used to its taste. A very popular recipe highly appreciated by vegetarians and that you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. A perfect alternative to traditional bread to be able to incorporate folic acid , nutrients, vitamins and minerals as well as color to your daily diet , learn its benefits and how to prepare it so that you surprise your family and guests.
Broccoli bread as an unbeatable vegetable dough
A broccoli-based dough that you can prepare to serve and taste as a perfect snack combining it with your favorite pate or filling (sweet or salty) or give it a greater prominence when preparing delicious sandwiches.
- 250 grams of broccoli
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (baking powder)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, coconut, rice or almond flour (the important thing is that it does not contain gluten)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 50 grams of egg whites
- Black pepper and salt
- Ground cumin, oregano and thyme
Hands on with the preparation
- First , preheat the oven to 180 ° Celsius and prepare a mold of about 25 centimeters with non-stick parchment paper.
- Wash and drain the broccoli very well and cut it into very small pieces.
- Beat the eggs incorporating a light amount of oil.
- In a bowl mix the cut broccoli flowers (raw) with the flours, salt, spices and baking powder, then add the eggs and begin to knead with your hands until you achieve a perfect integration of all the ingredients.
- You may have to add a little more water to ease the integration task and achieve a very manageable dough result. This dough should be left to rest for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- At the end of the rest time, you take the dough to the mold and spread it out trying so that its thickness does not exceed one centimeter thick (1 cm).
- You proceed to bake for a time of 18 – 20 minutes or until you can visualize that the dough has achieved that characteristic golden color after which you can remove. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting (slicing) and return it to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool, you can perfectly have an unbeatable broccoli bread with which to prepare countless recipes or simply accompany your main meals and if you have gluten compatibility problems you can look at these Easy and homemade gluten-free recipes that will make your diet much more pleasant and delicious.
A recipe that stands out for its flavor and for the immense amount of nutrients it can deliver to the body, which is why it is perfect for fighting diseases and for maintaining a highly balanced diet away from toxic products.
Benefits of broccoli bread
Thanks to the fact that it is made from broccoli as the main ingredient, this bread is full of vitamins A, complex B, C and K. as well as excellent contributions of folic acid and calcium , being especially recommended for pregnant women and for cases where anemia or malnutrition occur and keeping the risks of weight gain as low as possible thanks to the feeling of satiety and the large contributions of fiber .
You can also get large doses of quercetin which allows an immediate anti- inflammatory effect and as an additional bonus a large amount of antioxidants so that you can show off radiant skin, nails and hair thanks to being able to combat the harmful effects of free radicals.