Hello friend @ cook @! Today I bring you a new recipe to get anyone out of trouble when it comes to having unforeseen guests: chocolate braid . It is very fast, easy and appetizing. You only need ingredients that you have at home or that you can find in any supermarket.
I have added chocolate with almonds to this homemade chocolate filled puff pastry braid , but there are other alternatives such as chocolate and nuts, white chocolate, nutella , etc.
The secret? that the chocolate filling is abundant so that when you take a bite out of the braid, the chocolate melts in your mouth … UUUMMMM! what a pleasure.
Whether you prefer to buy it or make it yourself, what is certain is that the combination of puff pastry with chocolate is a true delight and to prove it I am going to explain an extraordinary dessert that you will prepare in the blink of an eye.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 chocolate bars with almonds
- 1 egg
- Pine nuts to decorate
Chocolate braid: videoreceta
Step by step recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Spread the puff pastry sheet and if it is round, like the one I have used, cut it out and remove the excess dough.
- Place the chocolate bars in the center of the foil.
- With a pizza cutter or knife, make diagonal cuts of about 2 cm, each, on both sides of the dough that protrudes from the tablets.
- Go folding and crossing the strips over the chocolate until the braid is closed.
- Finish off the ends with the puff pastry that we removed at the beginning.
- Brush it with the beaten egg and decorate it with pine nuts, chopped almonds, chocolate noodles or whatever you like the most.
- Bake it, with the heat up and down, for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
And you already have your chocolate braid ready. It is very simple, colorful and can be done with children. I recommend that you save this magnificent recipe that you make in a few minutes and it is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
1.20EUROS / PERSON