Today I bring you a perfect rice recipe for these rainy days, but what can be expected at this time of year. And what better way than to stay in a house with the family and ask them to help you prepare this Creamy Rice Pudding. I have decided to show you one of the many recipes that my grandmother had kept in her private recipe book, which was neither more nor less than her pretty little head.
This rice pudding is very easy to prepare because it has ingredients that you have in the kitchen, because let’s see Who does not have rice, milk, sugar and little else at home? all those ingredients that our mothers and grandmothers used, who with very little made luxury dishes.
And I have also realized that the recipes that most like are those of a lifetime. The truth is that I love to surprise my relative with a dessert made by me, that costs me little money and less work. Sometimes success is not in the price, but in the simplicity and love with which things are done and best of all are the compliments they give you while they eat them.
So keep reading that I am going to reveal the perfect recipe for you to get a yummy homemade rice pudding , I am also going to teach you some tricks and tips that if you carry them out, it will come out right.
Rice pudding recipe updated to 2020
Another way to make rice pudding step by step:
- 200 gr of rice
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 150 grams of sugar
- 30 g of butter
- The rind of a lemon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon powder
Creamy rice pudding: step by step
- Put the milk to heat in a saucepan with the lemon peel and the cinnamon sticks. Put the heat on medium and give it a few laps.
- Meanwhile, you put the rice in a colander, wash it under the cold water tap and put a container underneath to control the water that is falling from the rice. As soon as you see that the water comes out transparent, close the tap and let it drain well.
- When the milk starts to heat up, add the sugar and stir until it dissolves. As soon as it starts to boil, add the rice and stir well again so that it does not get caked.
- Put the heat low and let it cook for about 35 minutes , at first you have to stir every 5 minutes, but when it starts to swell you have to stir it more frequently so that it does not stick.
- After that time and if the rice is done, you remove it from the heat, remove the lemon skin and the cinnamon.
- Now you add the diced butter and stir well until it is fully integrated with the rice.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and if you see that it has a lot of milk you can leave it more time until it is to your liking. Divide it into containers and garnish with cinnamon.
My tips and tricks
- Use fresh whole milk, which you can find in any supermarket, to make it more syrupy.
- The rice that gives the best result is the round of a lifetime.
- Keep in mind that when you remove the rice from the heat it will continue to absorb milk so it is convenient that it has a little milk so that it does not become too thick and dry.
- When you cut the lemon peel, be careful not to remove the white part so that it does not become bitter.
- While it cools, keep stirring to make it tastier.
And you have your creamy rice pudding ready for you to enjoy!
And you know, to prepare homemade and traditional desserts such as delicious wind fritters or some great stuffed torrijas .
Note: the price is indicative, it all depends on where you are going to buy. I hope you liked this dish and prepare it. Until the next post.
More interesting recipes
How to make caramel
0.40EUROS / PERSON