You have asked me many times how to prepare an easy and fluffy base cake because today I am going to explain my secrets to you so that it is super fluffy, rise and above all it is very tender.
The sponge cake is one of those pastry recipes that we make very often in our homes since as soon as we have a little while we roll the blanket over our heads and start making one.
This homemade sponge cake is ideal for making cakes, pastries or simply eating it for a snack with friends because it is very soft, pleasant and combines with everything.
So take note of this delicious and simple cake !
How to do it video:
- 5 medium eggs
- 250 gr of flour
- 125 grams of sugar
- 125 g of icing sugar
- 1 glass of yogurt or 125 ml of sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter to grease the mold
Separate the whites and yolks into two different bowls. Beat the whites with a pinch of salt and when you see that they are white and have risen, add the icing sugar and continue beating until you get a consistent meringue . Reserve in the refrigerator.
In the bowl of the yolks, add the oil, sugar and beat well. Put the flour in the sieve, the yeast and stir it. Sift over the bowl of yolks
Add the meringue little by little, mixing making enveloping movements with the spoon so that the air does not escape from the dough. Mix until you get a uniform dough.
Grease the edges of the pan with the butter and pour the batter immediately. Tap gently to raise air bubbles.
Put the mold in the preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes at 160ºC. That in my oven that as we all know, each oven is different. After this time, check with a toothpick that it is cooked and if it comes out clean that means it is done. If it’s a bit raw, you can bake it in batches of 5 minutes until done.
Let it rest and when it is cold you unmold it. You flip it over to more easily remove the parchment paper.
My tips and tricks
- The ingredients have to be at room temperature.
- The dough must have a lot of air and this is achieved by beating with light and enveloping movements.
- The flour is sifted so that it has more air and the cake rises.
- Pour the dough immediately into the mold so that it does not lose the air it contains and rises more easily.
- Never open the oven, at least 2/3 of the cooking time so that the oven does not lose heat.
- If it rises only on the sides it needs more heat and if on the contrary it rises through the center, it needs less.
If you want to know more tips visit my article on tricks to make a sponge cake .
And now you have ready an easy and fluffy base cake to make some impression cakes or to accompany your coffee in the afternoon.
More interesting recipes
Homemade Chicken Nuggest
0.25EUROS / PERSON
|Otras recetas de bizcochos|
|Trucos para hacer un bizcocho esponjoso||Bizcocho Nube de nata y limón||Bizcocho base fácil y esponjoso
|Bizcocho fácil y esponjoso sin horno ¡En sartén!||Bizcocho de calabaza fácil y esponjoso|