A healthy meal and perfectly set for the Halloween season, with this salad you can enjoy eating many vegetables and greens as well as having a perfect decoration in the best scary style. A cemetery with tombstones made with rye bread originally stuffed with salmon and cream cheese , but which you can perfectly adapt to your personal tastes quickly and easily. A perfect masterpiece to take advantage of these festivities and ensure that children can consume vegetables and greens .
Halloween Graveyard Salad
A seasonal dish that allows you to enjoy a perfect excuse to incorporate those foods that children need, but are not to their usual liking. In addition to working very well to enjoy a family preparation where all members are involved in this delicious and fun salad in the shape of a cemetery.
Ingredients needed for the salad (4 people or servings)
- 400 grams of whole wheat rye bread or another type of your preference.
- 300 grams of cream cheese to spread.
- 120 grams of Dijon mustard.
- 200 grams of smoked salmon.
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Green leaves or mix of lettuces.
How to make the graveyard salad for Halloween
- First, overlap the slices of bread in pairs of 2 by 2 and cut their edges leaving only the soft internal crumb . These edges can be perfectly reserved to prepare a delicious soup or to add them to another recipe. Then cut the rectangles in the shape of a tombstone of the size you want, but trying as much as possible to maintain a certain homogeneity or similarity between them.
- Start filling them, on one side you place the smoked salmon (sliced) and on the other the cream cheese with the pepper , alternating between cream cheese and mustard until you can complete all the sandwiches. The cream cheese can be spread either in the traditional way or with a pastry bag to get much faster.
- Also, to offer a certain level of detail to this recipe, you have to write the word RIP on each one of the gravestones created with the bread, a delicious and very striking way to give this dish a lot of impact and realism.
- Now you simply have to place these tombstones on a salad plate with the green leaves or the lettuce mix. The visual effect achieved should be that of an abandoned cemetery where the lettuces refer to the vegetation and the sandwiches to the tombstones.
A version of Halloween graveyard salad for the kids
Although this salad is perfect for the whole family, it is possible that the strong flavor of the smoked salmon is not very kind to the palate of many children, for this you can simply substitute the filling ingredients for some mild sliced ham and a very sweet cheese, or incorporate jam as a filling for sandwiches.
The whole wheat rye bread can be substituted for sliced bread or traditional sandwich bread with the firm intention of achieving that the end result is very attractive for the little ones. And of course accompanying this rich, nutritious and creepy salad with a juice of your choice that can help increase the nutrients, it could go wonderfully with an orange, carrot and guava juice or a kiwi and apple juice.
An effective way to accompany this cemetery dish
A menu for Halloween that is undoubtedly highly striking and that fits perfectly with the theme of these upcoming parties, you can accompany them with other recipes or preparations with themes of terror, blood, spiders or the usual ones. pumpkins widely used in these festivals in honor of the dead and the deceased.