Hello friend @ cook @! This time I bring you some delicious homemade and easy patatas bravas . This tapa is believed to be of Madrid origin and you can find it throughout the Spanish territory, there is no bar that does not have patatas a la brava as an aperitif , and I am not surprised because they are yummy.
I’m going to reveal a secret to you, I love going shopping in the center of Madrid with my sister (the decorator of La Mansión), my sister-in-law (the librarian of La Mansión) and my friends and when we are exhausted from going around so many times we will the terrace of a bar well known in Madrid for its patatas bravas, near La Puerta del Sol, and we ordered some portions of potatoes and ear with its good Brava sauce and some very fresh egg whites that make us feel great.
But there is nothing like preparing them with a good original recipe for patatas bravas, like the one I’m going to show you in this post. Because as you already know, the sauce is very important and you have to give it that spicy touch, without going overboard, but so are the potatoes since they have to be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. My goodness my mouth is watering and this dish drives me crazy.
So keep this recipe safe so you can prepare some authentic patatas bravas at home.
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/2 kg of crushed natural tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cayenne
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of hot or sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon food coloring
- 1 dash of vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
Patatas bravas: videoreceta
How to do the bravas step by step
- The first thing is to peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into irregular pieces of about 3 × 3 cm so that the sauce takes better.
- Put a saucepan on the fire with water and when it is boiling the cooks 5 minutes so that they soften and lose the starch. When they are done, put them to drain and let them cool, while you prepare the sauce.
- Peel and chop the onion into medium pieces . Sauté it in oil over low heat.
- Peel and cut the garlic into thick slices , add it to the pan along with the onion and also add the cayenne.
- When the onion is poached, add the flour and stir so that no lumps are made. Put the teaspoon of paprika and turn off the heat so it does not burn. Stir it again.
- Then you add the tomato, the salt (to taste), the sugar, the coloring and you stir it well. Add a splash of vinegar and cook for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring from time to time so that it does not stick.
- As soon as the sauce is warm , you pass it through the blender. If you see that it is very thick you can add a little meat broth and continue beating until it is to your liking.
- Now you are going to fry the potatoes in several batches over medium heat for 5 minutes so that they are done inside. After this time, turn up the heat and cook them for 2 minutes so that they brown on the outside.
- When they are yellowish with the golden edges, put them on a plate with kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil. To plate them, you place them on the tray that you are going to serve them, add salt and cover them with the brava sauce.
And to enjoy your patatas bravas. How can such an easy and cheap dish be so good?
More interesting recipes
0.50EUROS / PERSON