If you like to cook and you enjoy preparing your own meals at home, this homemade pizza dough recipe will come in handy for making your own homemade pizzas full of flavor and with a fine and fluffy texture .
If you don’t dare to make it because you think it is very difficult, here I am so you can see how easy it is to prepare the dough to cook your own authentic Italian pizzas . You only need to know the necessary ingredients and the process to follow . Also, I’m going to give you some little tricks to get it right .
So get to work, you will see how happy you will make everyone when you surprise them with these great pizzas. They are going to eat you with kisses !!!
Tricks to make the dough:
- The flour: the ideal is to use strength flour. This one flour is special for bakery, it has more gluten and so you can get a fluffier dough . You can get it in supermarkets and some bakeries.
- Yeast: I usually use dry granulated baker’s yeast , which is very stable and you can mix it directly with the flour. If you use fresh yeast you have to put it in warm water before adding it to the ingredients.
- Fermentation: the water must be above 36º C , if it exceeds this temperature you run the risk of killing the yeast, which is a live ferment, so the dough will not rise. If it is cold in your kitchen in winter, you can turn the oven on for 3 to 4 minutes, then turn it off and insert the bowl with the dough inside until it rises.
- Baking: to make the dough crispier, I recommend that you put it in the oven without filling for about 5 minutes. After this time you fill them with what you like the most and finish cooking another 5-10 minutes.
How to make the dough
- 300 gr of strength flour
- 200 ml of water
- 20 gr of dry baker’s yeast
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Step by Step:
- Put the flour, salt, and dry yeast in a bowl and mix well. Make a volcano in the center and add the warm water (it cannot rise above 36º C) and the oil and stir everything well.
- Now flour the surface where you are going to work. To make it elastic and rise well, flatten it (pressing with your fingers) and stretch it. You repeat this process for 5 minutes. If it sticks on your hands you can put a little flour so that you can work it well.
- When you get a homogeneous and compact dough that does not stick to your hands, transfer it to a large bowl, cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 30 to 40 minutes in a warm place.
- After this time, divide the dough into 2 to 4 pieces, depending on the size of the pizzas you want to prepare.
- You again sprinkle the surface where you are going to stretch them and place a portion of the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin until it is thin (the thickness is to suit everyone’s taste).
- If you don’t want to make all the servings, you can freeze them in an airtight freezer bag.
- Place the dough without ingredients and on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake it for 5 minutes. Add the ingredients that you like the most and cook it at 180ºC for another 10 minutes.
I hope that with this recipe for homemade pizza dough you will get some professional pizzeria results. You’ll see what a surprise everyone is going to take !!!
More interesting recipes
Homemade Chicken Nuggest
Fresh salads for the summer
0.60EUROS / PERSON