Today I’m going to teach you How to make ham croquettes and tricks to freeze them. The truth is that preparing them does not have any difficulty, although if I tell you that you need some patience and a lot of love to make a good béchamel, but the pleasure of eating a freshly made croquette, crunchy on the outside and very creamy on the inside is worth the effort.
This recipe that I propose to you today is like the one that we have made all our lives in my house, just as my grandmother cooked them, see if they came out the same as when I saw them I said to myself «they are exactly like hers».
The truth is that homemade croquettes are an irresistible snack even for the most exquisite palate, even the most famous restaurants usually have them on their menu and they are not very cheap by the way and those that have ham are even more expensive.
Certainly it is a dish that takes its little work so I advise you to prepare a good amount, which by the way is what I do, and freeze them to always have them on hand and if you do not know how to do it, I am going to give you some tips to freeze them correctly .
Let’s go with the recipe, today you are going to eat some great croquettes.
Video recipe of how to make ham croquettes and tricks to freeze them
- 100 gr of flour
- 100 g of butter
- 800 ml milk
- 180 gr of ham
- 3 eggs
- 1 small onion
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
How to make ham croquettes and tricks to freeze them: step by step
1.-The first thing is to sift the flour so that it is finer and no lumps are made when preparing the bechamel.
2.- Then you cut the butter into cubes and put it in a saucepan over the fire to melt it. You chop the onion very finely, I usually do it with a mincer, add it to the casserole and sauté it for 5 minutes. Add the diced ham and sauté it.
3.- Now you add the flour and sauté it well, pour the milk little by little without stopping stirring. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
4.- As soon as you have made the dough, spread it in a source, cover it with a transparent film so that it does not dry out and let it cool.
5.- When the dough is cold, you take portions and with two spoons you will shape the croquettes. Then you pass them through the flour, the beaten egg and the breadcrumbs.
6.- You fry them in a pan with plenty of hot oil and when they are golden brown on all sides, you take them out of the pan and put them on a plate with absorbent paper.
My tips and tricks on how to make ham croquettes and tricks to freeze them
- For the bechamel to be perfect, it has to have the same amount of butter and flour.
- Try to keep the croquettes the same size.
- If possible, leave them in the fridge for about 10 minutes so that the batter hardens.
- You can serve them with french fries , with aioli sauce or a good chicken salad .
How to freeze the croquettes so that they stay.
- As you coat them, you place them on a tray that can be placed in the freezer without touching each other.
- You put them in the coldest part of the freezer and leave them until they get hard.
- As soon as they have hardened you can put them in freezer bags removing all the air from inside and close them as tightly as possible.
- And with this method called freezing by contact or in the open, they can last you several months well preserved.
- When you go to fry them you can make them frozen, it will take you longer since you have to watch them so that they are done well on the inside and do not burn on the outside. I recommend that you defrost them since this way you can fry them in the same way as raw ones.
And you already have some delicious croquettes ready that will delight the whole family.
More interesting recipes
Potato and tuna croquettes
Hot dogs with cheese
0.60 EUROS / PERSON