June is definitely kiwi month. The season is conducive to finding this fruit rich in vitamin C at a very low price in any supermarket. It is also the time to use it to make a delicious homemade jam with seasonal kiwi, which will bring great benefits to the body without spending much of the budget.
Kiwi guarantees enormous properties
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word kiwi? We associate it with magnificent components that significantly benefit health. And before teaching you how to prepare a delicious jam, we want you to know why this food is super nutritious.
- First of all, it is a fruit rich in vitamin C, which optimizes the immune system. Consistent kiwi consumption will prevent relapses from flu or cough.
- Being a fruit with a high content of soluble and non-soluble fiber, it is capable of significantly improving intestinal transit. In addition, it has the power to avoid uncomfortable conditions such as constipation.
- Returning to the issue of vitamin C, this property is also extremely useful during the healing process of the skin.
- Because it contains a significant amount of antioxidants, kiwi also greatly delays aging.
- The consumption of kiwi helps greatly with clotting thanks to vitamin K, which is also essential to maintain bone health intact.
- This delicious and nutritious food is also related to the quality of sleep, since it contains a lot of folic acid in addition to a substance called serotonin. Folic acid is also essential for pregnant women.
How to prepare kiwi jam?
You already know why it is important to consume kiwi often. Now we will teach you how to prepare a wonderful jam with fruits of the season.
- 1 kilo of kiwis that are good ripe.
- Juice of 1 fairly large lemon.
- 500 grams of sugar.
If you already have all the ingredients in the kitchen, then get to work! Now you must prepare a delicious jam of this fruit, which will be much cheaper than you think.
- Step 1: After having them well cleaned, remove the skin from the fruit and chop them. Do not worry about the size of the pieces, because in the same way they will disintegrate during the whole preparation.
- Step 2: Mix the kiwis with the sugar and lemon juice. Make it in a fairly spacious pot so that when stirring you do not have any complications.
- Step 3: Cook the fruit with the sugar and lemon juice over medium heat. Leave it on the fire until it boils.
- Step 4: Then reduce the intensity of the flame, with the intention that the kiwi disintegrates completely. Don’t forget to stir the mixture every so often; otherwise it will stick to the bottom of the pot and burn. The cooking time will be 45 minutes or until the mixture has reduced considerably.
- Step 5: Pour the jam into a small glass container or jar with its respective rate. By filling very hot and completing the mixture to the top, it will surely generate a vacuum effect once it cools. Yes, you can keep in the fridge once it’s ready.
Preparing this jam is super simple and inexpensive, the best thing is that it is also nutritious. And since we know that you want to integrate foods that benefit your health into your diet, you can try the pear and the 6 benefits that will improve your body .