Strawberries, apart from being a very healthy fruit, are perfect for preparing different sweet dishes. One of them is the sponge cake, one of the great kings of confectionery and pastry. If we combine sponge cake and strawberries, what we get is a delicious and juicy dessert that can be eaten at breakfast, at snack time and at the end of the meal. It is oily, with a dense and very soft crumb and a very rich flavor. In this article, you will learn how to make one quickly and easily.
Uses of strawberries
Before explaining step by step how to prepare this exquisite cake, it is interesting to discover how versatile strawberries are in the world of desserts, sweets and beverages. Generally, they have three different gastronomic uses, all of which are highly recommended to try at least once:
- Drinks: we can prepare smoothies or natural shakes, slushies… They are delicious drinks of pure vitamin and fiber. There are also some brands that offer 100% handcrafted soft drinks made from the maceration of the so-called “passion fruit”.
- Spirits: Believe it or not, they are currently booming. Strawberry gins are a favorite among those who are used to drinking them. The fruit’s blend of sweet and sour flavors makes it a perfect complement to certain alcoholic distillates.
- Confectionery: this is the most widely known use by consumers. In fact, in this article you will learn about a perfect example. Who doesn’t know by now the famous, soft and rich strawberry shortcake?
Strawberry sponge cake recipe
This preparation is not at all complicated and, as far as it goes, it will not take you much time either. In any case, the end result will show you that, whether you have wasted minutes or hours, it will have been well worth it.
- 1 creamy strawberry yogurt (fruit chunks can also be used)
- 12 medium-sized strawberries
- One measure of sunflower oil yogurt
- Two measures of sugar yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 sachet of yeast
- Dash of vanilla essence (optional)
In just six easy steps, the recipe is ready for you to enjoy. They are as follows:
- Beat the eggs with the oil and yogurt until well blended.
- Clean the strawberries well, remove the leaves and chop them, but not too much. The pieces do not need to be completely regular.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add it to the egg mixture. Beat the eggs well, either with a whisk or with a mixer: whichever is easier for you.
- Add the sugar to the yeast, flour and egg mixture and continue beating continuously.
- Once you have the dough, put it in a greased buttered pan. Put the chopped strawberries on the top and introduce a little bit into the dough.
- Bake the cake at 180 degrees between 30 and 40 minutes, covering it with aluminum foil if you see that the surface is too brown. Before unmolding, let it cool slightly. Enjoy!