For the celebration of Halloween , many ideas arise in terms of costumes, decoration and other aspects, but without a doubt one of the most exciting is food. Take the opportunity to prepare delicious pumpkin quesadillas . It is the perfect opportunity to eat healthy and tasty , in addition to trying all the properties and nutrients of this fruit full of antioxidants. You can get the most out of it, since it is rich in fibers , carbohydrates and potassium , in addition, it contains vitamins A, E, C and its particular beta- carotene , which is responsible for the orange color of this berry.
One of the positive points of pumpkin is that you can use all its components from it, for example, the cooking liquid in soups and broths , since it contains vitamins and minerals . In order not to waste any of the potential of this vegetable, put it in hot water to cook it, since cold water causes the loss of nutrients to double. Another point to keep in mind is to chop it into large pieces, only then the losses are lower. Even the pumpkin flower is edible and with it you can make delicious quesadillas.
Prepare delicious pumpkin quesadillas
- 1/2 cup plus three tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup of flour for tortillas
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 package of shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- Form a soft dough with the cup of flour for tortillas, the water and the salt. Divide the dough into eight equal parts.
- Cut the edges of a plastic bag, making it cover the inside of the griddle for the tortillas.
- Take one of the dough balls and place it in the center of the griddle. You must make sure that it fits well between the two plastics. Close the griddle to form the tortillas.
- With a cookie mold, help get the pumpkin shape out of the tortillas. You can reserve the extra dough.
- Put the pan over high heat, being very hot, reduce the temperature and place the tortilla in the shape of a pumpkin. When cooked, turn to cook on the other side. When it is ready, place it on a plate. Repeat the procedure with all the tortillas.
- In other quesadillas, form the eyes, nose and mouth with the help of a knife.
- Place the cheese on the whole pumpkin quesadilla, cover with the faces and repeat the procedure with all of them.
- Lower the temperature of the skillet. Put the quesadillas back until the cheese is melted. You can also help yourself, in this step, with the oven.
- Serve them alone or accompanied.
These delicious quesadillas can be accompanied with guacamole or any type of sauce you want, even a spicy pumpkin cream . Remember that the pumpkin flower is also a good ingredient to prepare this ingenious snack, if your goal is to enjoy the Halloween party while eating delicious foods. Include quesadillas in your diet and list of healthy recipes .