Salads are the protagonists of autumn and, in addition to being delicious and refreshing, capable of providing countless health benefits, they are also prominent in the daily diet by incorporating many beneficial foods . This time I present you a rich, healthy, different and nutritious quinoa salad with pumpkin so that you can enjoy incredible textures and flavors as well as the various properties of these magnificent ingredients, perfectly accompanied by many others and with a simple preparation.
Quinoa salad with pumpkin
Ingredients needed for this recipe
- 400 grams of pumpkin (of any variety)
- 250 grams of quinoa
- 1 onion preferably purple
- 100 milliliters of olive oil
- A handful of mixed seeds
- 1 bunch of coriander and fresh mint
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Making the pumpkin salad with quinoa
- First you peel and cut the pumpkin into edible-size cubes and the onion julienne. You place everything in a baking dish and add salt and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 220 ° C for a period of 20 minutes.
A salad that will undoubtedly attract attention, due to its incomparable sweet flavor and that you can perfectly serve warm and accompanied by some rich and creamy cheese of your choice, in this way you will be adding protein and calcium in a natural way.
- Wash the quinoa and place it to cook for 12-15 minutes in plenty of boiling water (you can also check the instructions on the package for the precise cooking times). After cooking, drain it and reserve it.
- Now is the time to mix the ingredients to get this perfect salad. In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, the roasted vegetables (pumpkin and onion), the lemon juice, the minced mint, the seeds, the minced coriander, the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- You mix vigorously but trying to preserve the physical properties of all its ingredients and you can serve immediately or reserve.
- A salad that goes very well as a hot or cold dish and is perfect as a garnish to accompany meats or as a light dinner for weight reduction diets.
Potentialities of this delicious salad
A perfectly satisfying recipe and ideal to be consumed by the Celiacs thanks to the fact that it is gluten-free and if you are addicted to salads or want to know a much fresher option, I invite you to look at how to prepare one peach salad , perfect to satiate without getting fat and to achieve a cleansing diet for your body.
Quinoa when combined with pumpkin is capable of delivering large amounts of fiber as well as proteins of outstanding biological value, offering countless benefits to the diet . As well as vitamins (B, C and E) and a great multitude of minerals where calcium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc and magnesium stand out.