These Croquettes are ideal for those moms who do not have much time in the kitchen, but want their children to enjoy a healthy and balanced diet, in addition to including this cereal in their family menu.
When cooking them you have several options, You can prepare them in the traditional way and with the pan of a lifetime, but keep in mind that in this way you must be very tactful, especially with the oil so that it takes the right temperature and does not burn, for this it is convenient that the oil is at a temperature of about 180º centigrade. In my opinion, the best way to cook them is with a deep fryer in which it is very easy to control the amount and temperature of the oil. Another very good option is to prepare them with a fryer without oil , I have tried them and they seem great when it comes to making fried dishes and with the advantage of saving in oil, which lately seems like a luxury product!
Rice croquettes are a very typical dish in Italian gastronomy. You can serve them with sauce and pasta dishes or simply with a salad and you have a great and really healthy dinner ready. You can also present them as an aperitif or tapas, or simply as a starter.
If you have leftover rice from the day before and you don’t know what to do with it, I recommend that you cook them because they are very easy to prepare and have a very special flavor. It is a full-fledged use recipe and as you already know “I don’t like to throw away any food”, I imagine the same thing will happen to you.
My children love these croquettes, they even dare to say that they are richer than the ham ones! Try to prepare them as an aperitif for a family meal or with friends, surely your guests will be delighted with your recipe.
- 250 gr of cooked rice
- 100 grams of grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 1/4 of teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
Step by Step:
1. The first thing you have to do is sauté the finely chopped onion in a frying pan with a little oil. You cook it over low heat so that it releases the water and does not burn.
2. When it is tender and has taken color, add the rice, the salt, the freshly ground pepper and the nutmeg, stir and fry for about 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and stir again. Now you add the grated cheese and mix it until it is completely melted.
3. You put it on a tray and let it cool down to room temperature. As soon as it is cold, you take a portion with a spoon and mold it into a croquette and so on with all the others.
4. The raisins first in flour, then in beaten egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
5. Finally, fry them in plenty of hot oil and when they are golden brown and crisp, serve them warm, which is how they taste best.
My tips and tricks:
• If you wish, you can add ham, mushrooms, carrots …
• I recommend that you do not freeze them as the rice does not look good after defrosting it.
• Knead them well so that they do not fall apart when frying.
• You can prepare them in advance and cook them when you are going to consume them.
And you already have some crispy and creamy rice croquettes with cheese ready that can be used for any occasion.
A big hug and see you at La Mansión de las Ideas.