What a recipe that I bring you today to welcome summer: potato omelette stuffed with ham and cheese . So take off your apron and put on your sarong to kick off the picnic and beach season, because if you show up with this stuffed potato omelette at any family gathering, you’re going to be the star of the party.
We all know that the potato omelette is one of our most international dishes and few can resist a good tortilla skewer , starting with me, of course.
If you also like to innovate, you can make many types such as: cod, paisana, with chorizo …, but the one that I present here today is a great easy and inexpensive stuffed omelette that you can prepare in a jiffy.
And of course you already know that this omelette can be filled with other ingredients such as serrano ham, bacon, peppers, tuna, Russian salad … and apart from being fried you can make it in the oven .
Stuffed potato omelette: videoreceta
- 5 or 6 potatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 onion (optional)
- 4 slices of ham
- 5 slices of cheese to melt
- Oil for frying
Spanish omelette recipe with ham and cheese.
- I have made this omelette with onion, as my mother and grandmother used to prepare it. I love the flavor it gives me, but like everything else, those who don’t like it, just have to follow the recipe without it.
- Put to heat in the largest pan that you have the oil, peel and chop the onion.
- While it is browning, peel, wash and cut the potatoes to the size you like best. Add salt to them and put them in the pan along with the onion over low heat for about 20 minutes depending on how big you have broken the potatoes.
- Meanwhile they are frying, take a bowl where you are going to put the potatoes and beat the eggs well.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them well with a slotted spoon, you can also use a strainer so that no oil remains. You put them in the bowl with the egg and leave them for about 5 minutes to soak up the egg.
- In the same pan where you cooked the potatoes and once the excess oil has been removed, pour half of the potato and egg mixture and spread it well.
- On the half tortilla, place two layers of ham and in between one of cheese.
- Once the filling is in, you add the rest of the mixture and distribute it throughout the pan. Shape it with a spatula and close the edges well so that it does not open.
- Put the heat on medium and in about 5 minutes you turn it over with a large flat plate, you can also use a smooth edge lid or even one of those dishes that they sell to turn the tortilla. Use the method that is most comfortable for you. Of course, you have to give it a quick turn of the wrist. Put the tortilla back in the same pan and leave it for another 5 minutes to finish curdling.
And you already have your omelette ready. It is very simple, colorful and the interior theme I leave it to your choice, you can make it more curdled or less, as you like the most. I recommend that you save this magnificent recipe that you make in a few minutes and it is perfect for any meeting, picnic, to eat on the beach, in the pool or anywhere else.
1.00EUROS / PERSON