Gnocchi is a traditional dish of the Italian diet. They are usually made with the following ingredients: flour, potato and cheese. However, they are very versatile, as they can be cooked with different ingredients. We can shape them with spinach, and, although it may seem that the taste will be worse, it is not like that at all. In addition, it is a very healthy ingredient, as it contains a large amount of vitamin C. You will be able to enjoy a very tasty and healthy dish.
Spinach gnocchi with potatoes
If you want to enjoy a very tasty dish with excellent properties, spinach gnocchi with potatoes is a very good option. It may be a little laborious to prepare, but we assure you that the end result is amazing, and that you will probably repeat this recipe at some point. Every once in a while, experimenting with new dishes in the kitchen doesn’t hurt, because you can discover great things.
Ingredients needed for the gnocchi
- 1 kilo of potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 300 grams of leavening flour
- Grated cheese
- First boil the potatoes in water. When they are well cooked, we make a puree with them, adding butter or margarine, salt, pepper, nutmeg and egg.
- Set the mashed potato aside for a moment. Meanwhile, wash the spinach well and transfer it to a pot or pan to boil. There is no need to add water, because it will boil with the wash water. Don’t overcook it: remove it early and let it cool down. When cool, squeeze to remove excess water.
- Add the spinach to the mashed potato and mix well. On the table, make a kind of volcano with the flour and add the mashed potato in the centre. Shape the dough little by little, being careful not to let your hands stick together.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes and start shaping the gnocchi. To do this, form long, thin cylinders, without exceeding thin, and cut portions of about 2 centimeters. Mark the lines with the points of a fork.
- Bringa pot of salted water to a boil, and when it reaches boiling point, add the gnocchi and let them cook until you see them rise to the surface. Do it little by little: don’t dump all the gnocchi at the same time.
- Serve the potato and spinach gnocchi, and add the tomato sauce and grated cheese on top (the amount to your taste), if you do not like spinach, here we tell you its benefits, in case you are convinced.