Pasta is undoubtedly a protagonist for lunches and dinners worldwide and what better combination than to bring you the benefits and nutrients of broccoli and the protein of an exquisite ham , a combination worthy of the Gods for perfect Spirals with broccoli and ham. . Then enjoy the correct way of how to prepare this exquisite recipe that will undoubtedly make children begin to enjoy vegetables and provide everything necessary to adults for physical health , general well-being and an outstanding immune system .
A highly balanced recipe in flavors, extremely light and with very few ingredients, managing to become a star preparation for its simplicity, high quality of nutrients provided and speed of completion.
Spirals with broccoli and ham
Ingredients needed (for about 4 servings)
- 500 grams of pasta in the form of spirals
- 1 broccoli (300 – 350 grams)
- 200 grams serrano ham
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Water to cook the pasta
Let’s see the step by step of this delicious recipe
- You start with the broccoli , well washed and dry you proceed to detach its seedlings and bouquets, these cut them in half and reserve.
- In a casserole with plenty of water you cook the broccoli , here you must be very careful with the cooking time because broccoli loses all its benefits and properties extraordinarily quickly due to overcooking. The recommendation is not to extend the cooking for more than 8 – 10 minutes. Drain and reserves.
- Additionally in another casserole you put water to cook the spirals , they must be kept boiling for at least 8 – 10 minutes (you can check if they are to your liking by trying one of them), it is important that they remain al dente. You can also perfectly be guided by the instructions on the packaging, since the cooking times vary from one commercial brand to another and the ingredients with which the pasta spirals are made.
- While everything is cooking and to save some time, dedicate yourself to preparing the other ingredients, wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in half and chop the serrano ham into small cubes.
- In a frying pan, add a little olive oil and sauté the tomatoes and the cooked broccoli. After a couple of minutes you add the pasta, salt and pepper (to taste) and the pesto sauce and sauté a little (a couple of minutes will be more than enough) so that the flavors can mix perfectly well.
- Now you just have to plate and enjoy this delicious, nutritious and colorful dish, you can also add more Serrano ham on the spirals to increase the visual beauty of this recipe.
A variant of spirals with broccoli for every need
If you suffer from any ailment or illness, don’t worry because it will not be any limitation for you to enjoy this delicious recipe for spirals with broccoli and ham , simply take note of the tips that I have below for you and get the right pasta for your need.
- For children there are pasta specially made for them, pre-digested flours as well as milk and sugars are used.
- Starch-free flours are used for diabetics .
- For kidney patients, proteins are replaced by carbohydrates.
- For celiacs , those containing gluten are eliminated from its ingredients.
- For allergy sufferers, they are simply made without adding eggs.
- Excellent pasta made with distilled water is obtained for hypertensive patients and obviously they lack salt in their production processes.
A highly simple recipe that offers you incredible nutritional and healthy contributions to your body, highly recommended for pregnant women thanks to the large amount of folic acid it provides and a lot of vitamin C to achieve a strengthened immune system. In addition, if you are a broccoli lover, you can perfectly prepare other delicious and nutritious recipes that will undoubtedly directly favor your diet and your general health and provide a balanced, colorful and delicious diet.