You want some highly healthy and vegan skewers, now it is possible because this time you will learn how to prepare sweet potato skewers accompanied by a delicious and very nutritious glaze with orange, miso and honey . A perfect combination to enhance both the flavor of the sweet potato and to significantly increase the nutritional contributions. This combination is ideal for Christmas and festive moments, achieving a unique flavor with all the excellent properties that these ingredients can offer you.
A highly healthy and delicious combination
Health and flavor at your fingertips with a recipe that blends in an emblematic way the flavor of honey with the citrus of the orange, ideal to be used as garnish or as a starter and give a different and very healthy twist with new flavors and textures on the palate.
You can perfectly decide to use either the hatcho miso (darker color and more intense flavor) or the shiro miso (white and with a much milder flavor). It is also a recipe that allows you to marinate the sweet potato skewers and reserve them for a long period of time to serve them just freshly made and for spicy lovers it is ideal to accept the pepper of your liking.
Necessary ingredients (for 4 skewers)
- 2 sweet potatoes of average size.
- 1 orange
- 5 milliliters of miso (the one of your choice).
- 35 milliliters of honey.
- 5 milliliters of soy room.
- A pinch of cinnamon powder.
- 20 milliliters of olive oil.
- 3 milliliters of good quality vinegar.
- 3 milliliters of Worcestershire sauce.
- Spring onion.
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
How to Make Honey Orange Miso Glazed Sweet Potato Skewers
A simple recipe with a low level of difficulty, a preparation time that does not exceed 20 minutes and a cooking time of approximately 15 minutes, ideal to serve immediately and surprise your guests with this recipe loaded with flavors and a great variety of textures.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into slices with a thickness of approximately 1 centimeter (here it is important to try to choose specimens that maintain an elongated and very regular shape so that you achieve the greatest uniformity when making the cuts). Then, by means of a bowl or casserole suitable for the microwave, steam for 5 minutes and reserves, they must maintain a certain firmness and allow a toothpick to pass through.
- In an additional container, grate a little of the orange peel (it must be well washed) and squeeze the juice over it, then include the cinnamon, honey , soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, miso and vinegar. All this you must beat very well until you get it to emulsify and add the sweet potatoes so that they effectively get impregnated with this mixture.
- You can use metal or wooden skewers, you proceed to pierce the sweet potato pieces taking special care to drain the excess marinade.
- With the help of a grill or a griddle painted with olive oil, you will cook the skewers on both sides, allowing them to caramelize and acquire the characteristic golden color that indicates that they are just right.
- To increase the intensity of the flavor you can paint from time to time with the marinating liquid while they are cooking and before serving, season and garnish with the finely chopped chives .
A versatile recipe that allows you a wide range of options
When you make Orange Miso Honey Glazed Sweet Potato Skewers you can divinely serve them in a myriad of ways. From the perfect accompaniment in the form of a garnish for your meat or fish to achieving an ideal combination in a single dish with the help of rice or quinoa or through a salad of roasted vegetables .
A combination of ingredients that will effectively give you a lot of fiber to regulate your intestinal health with extremely favorable and nutritious contributions such as the sugars in honey that they provide energy and antibiotic effects and the precious vitamin C from the orange that will function as a powerful antioxidant and revitalizer of your immune system. In short, a delicious, nutritious and healthy recipe, very simple to prepare, with minimal expense and exquisite flavors.