Although in the series they showed the typical shapes of the so-called Dalgona Candy , which are triangle, star, circle and umbrella; You can adapt them to the Halloween celebration using molds of ghosts, pumpkins, bats, witch hats.
Ingredients to make 10 cookies
- ½ kilo of sugar. It does not matter if it is white or brown.
- 20 grams of bicarbonate.
Cookie Preparation The Squid Game
- In a saucepan place the sugar to melt, try not to stop stirring to avoid burning . This is done over medium heat and it will only take a few minutes for it to melt.
- When the mixture is ready, turn off the heat and immediately add the bicarbonate; mix very well. You will see that air bubbles form; this is what will give the fluffy consistency to the Dalgona Candy cookie.
- Pour the content, distributed in several portions, on a tray where you previously placed greaseproof paper. Flatten each portion with a rolling pin, spatula, or griddle. It is convenient that these utensils are dusted with baking soda so that they do not stick to the mixture.
- In the center of each portion stamp with the mold you want, so you will obtain the internal figure that these cookies carry. For Halloween you can treat yourself with spooky shapes of spiders, ghosts, bats, you name it! And if you are looking for a variety of cookies for the celebration, look at these cookies for halloween
Recommendations for making the Dalgona Candy
- First of all, you must have all the kitchen utensils at hand , since the preparation only takes a few minutes and when the sugar is ready you will have to move very quickly so that it does not get cold.
- The thickness of the cookies The Squid Game is thin, so when you pour the mixture into the tray, make sure that the portion is not thick.
- The caramel should be marked with the mold , taking care not to cut the portion completely ; if you do, you won’t be able to play the game like in the series.
- If you want to keep the cookies in the fridge, wait for them to cool and place each one in plastic wrap to prevent sticking. They can last for about 5 days in there or even up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Although it is that easy to make The Squid Game cookies, you have to be very careful when the sugar is melting, since in a few seconds it can burn and that bitter taste is not pleasant at all.
History of cookies The Squid Game
The history of the cookies of The Squid Game or Squid Game has its origin in Korea. It is a popular and cheap sweet made by street vendors, also known as ppopgi .
The game in reality is not far from the fiction that Netflix proposed in its series, since the child had to try to break the edges of the cookie without breaking the drawing inside.
What is difference? While on Netflix the person who succeeds is saved from being murdered, in Korea the seller gave another Dalgona Candy to the child for his cunning and perseverance.
Now you can give a new version to the original recipe, take advantage of the fact that Halloween is coming to show your cookies and play the game, with creative penances for whoever loses and fun prizes for the winners.