The dining room Whether in summer or at any other time of the year, it is one of the highlights of the house, the meeting place par excellence, because you know what a meal brings together, and what it entails. With two basic elements, such as the table and the chairs, the combinations can be infinite, adapting the set to all styles and spaces. Bold structures, precious materials and delicate finishes are in, and not a detail is missing to enjoy the dining room as a design experience of the highest level.
Lately, dining tables have acquired great relevance, since it has become a multifunctional place. In addition to being a space for eating, it is used for other activities, whether for work, study or enjoying board games in good company. This year’s trends in dining tables and chairs are characterized by a balanced combination of style and versatility. Do you want to know them? You are sure to find the ones that best suit your needs.
Types of dining tables
The dining table is an important piece in every home. It says a lot about them, besides being the place par excellence where family and guests gather and share pleasant moments beyond a meal or dinner. Therefore, when acquiring one, it should be kept in mind that the one we choose should make the living room a cozy and harmonious space with the decoration. The latest trends in dining tables encompass a variety of materials, shapes and tones to suit all needs. Here are some of them:
- Round tables. This type of dining tables is back, having reached in the last months a lot of popularity. They are ideal for small spaces, as well as the ideal piece if you want to highlight a cozy and intimate space. These tables are attributed with the versatility of being able to turn a corner of the house into a perfect space for a dining room. Generally, its size fits in those places where a rectangular or square table cannot be incorporated.
These tables offer the possibility of creating a very pleasant space around the table, in addition to facilitating the transit of diners. This also avoids crowds when it comes to seating, projecting the sensation of having a larger space. When it comes to choosing a type of round table, those with a central pedestal are sweeping.
- Porcelain tile tables. These tablestransmit glamour and elegance. Although they are visually striking, it is important to emphasize their durability, which represents a long-term investment. Porcelain tile is a material that will remain on trend for several years to come. It has many positive aspects, such as its durability, heat resistance – it withstands high temperatures and remains intact – or that it combines perfectly with all materials, especially wood.
The porcelain tile table reflects light and will attract attention as you enter the room. For those who are conscious and respectful of the environment, it should be among their alternatives, since it is a one hundred percent natural material, which represents the possibility of being able to recycle it in the long term. Resistant to scuffs and scratches, they are very easy and quick to clean, as they do not absorb water or other liquids.
- Extendable tables. They are the primary option for the most modern and lovers of functional environments. At first glance, they are common tables, but they have a great advantage: they can be extended and adjusted to the needs of the moment, being ideal when you want to offer a meal with guests, but at the same time, in your day to day, you want to gain space.
It also offers the benefits of several tables in one, being able to function perfectly as a dining table or a desk for work: versatility is one of its main features. For those who like to play with space and at the same time optimize it, will be delighted with an extendable table. You will undoubtedly have the possibility of having an innovative and trendy dining room.
- Glass tables. They are a very current trend that has gained great popularity in recent years, becoming one of the favorite models in homes thanks to its durability and elegant designs, as well as its ease of cleaning. Among the most demanded, the smoked glass ones. Their contemporary and glamorous designs make them an excellent option to give a unique touch to your dining room, providing a sober and elegant feeling.
Trends in dining chairs
Chairs are indispensable furniture in a house. In addition, a well-chosen and original one will reinforce the style of a room. If you are not sure which ones to put in your dining room, you should know that the latest trends are quite broad as far as styles are concerned, ranging from mid-century chairs, to upholstered seats, through chairs made of natural materials and Scandinavian chairs that have been a success for several years. A word of advice: although everything, or almost everything, tends to enter through the eyes, when it comes to choosing, don’t just opt for those that are visually attractive, it is also important that they are comfortable.
- Scandinavian style. These chairs have been trending for some time…and will continue to do so. They are made of molded plastic and can be found in a variety of colors, so you can always find the one that best suits your space. This type of chair has the particularity of open legs, being necessary to have ample space to be able to place them comfortably. The dark steel temples add contrast and a fun touch.
- Upholstered seating. If you are looking to create an elegant dining room, upholstered dining chairs are a classic that always comes back. Very versatile models that, if fully upholstered -backrest and seat- stand out for their great comfort. At present, upholstered furniture in neutral tones are the most recommended because they are easy to combine with the rest of the decoration.
It is true that more and more brands are upholstering their chairs in printed fabrics or leather effect to achieve other styles, such as industrial. It is important to note that this type of seating allows the upholstery to be updated from time to time, which makes them timeless. The upholstery can be changed according to trends and will always look new and current.
- Wooden chairs. Mid-century wooden chairs are back, and can be of any color or upholstery. Generally, they are characterized by their wooden structure combined with modern upholstery in neutral tones. Also, vintage style is still booming, so a great option is to restore those chairs you’ve had for years in the attic. The objective of this trend is to highlight the antique design and combine it with a modern and current decoration.
- Chairs with natural materials. One of the big trends of the last months are chairs with natural materials, such as bamboo or wicker. Both for the oriental style and for the Scandinavian style, are already opting for this option. This type of chairs want to recover the natural, but without leaving the modern pattern, so they maintain the elegant and modern forms. The most common is to see backrests covered with wicker or designs that contain bamboo as the main material. In addition, to gain in comfort, they usually incorporate a cushion in a neutral tone such as white or beige.
This year there are many trends in chairs for the home. If you want to bring a unique style to your room, you can choose to combine different types of chairs, playing with their colors, sizes and shapes to captivate everyone’s attention. The result will be a very personal and innovative decoration. Don’t forget that style starts with the small details; in this case the chairs. These will make your home begin to look with an unparalleled style.