Vitamin D facilitates the absorption of elements such as phosphorus and calcium, which are essential for healthy bones and teeth. A large percentage of this vitamin is produced by the body, from precursor substances present in certain nutrients. This occurs with the help of ultraviolet rays present in sunlight, so it is necessary sunbathe regularly, protecting the skin with sunscreen if necessary. Here are some tips on how to absorb vitamin D from the sun , without putting your skin’s health at risk.
The phosphorus and calcium present in many foods are essential for the mineralization of bones. And for the body to be able to ingest them properly, the presence of this vitamin is required. Therefore, the main benefit of vitamin D is to ensure the well-being of the bone system.
How to absorb vitamin D from the sun
Vitamin D is also known as the sunshine vitamin, since it is necessary to expose the body to a certain regular dose of sunlight in order to absorb it. In the skin, by the action of ultraviolet rays, substances from food are transformed and combined to generate said vitamin. On average, 85% of vitamin D is generated by the body, while the remaining 15% is obtained directly from food.
Exposure to sunlight must be done under the right conditions, to avoid damage to the skin. Recommendations for adsorbing vitamin D from the sun without exposing the skin to damage are as follows:
The recommended dose is three sessions per week, 10 to 15 minutes each, with at least one day by rest. In spring and summer it is necessary to use sunscreen if daily exposure exceeds the maximum indicated.
It is only necessary to expose the skin of the face and arms to the sun, to absorb a sufficient dose. In particular, it is recommended to protect the back and shoulders, since there the skin is very delicate to the sun’s rays.
During cloudy days it is not necessary to increase the exposure, since an adequate dose of ultraviolet rays is also received.
It is necessary to include in the diet foods such as fruits and vegetables , liver, fatty fish, cereals and yogurt , all of them rich in precursors of the sun’s vitamin.
Este sitio usa cookies para mejorar tu experiencia de usuario. AceptoLeer más
Sobre las Cookies
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.