The broccoli is a so-called vegetable brassicas , is full of vitamin A, folic acid or vitamin B9, vitamin C , rich in fiber , with few calories and very beneficial for your health cardiac and to combat anemia , but many of these benefits are lost or attenuated if you get the wrong cooking done. Reason of great importance for you to learn how to cook broccoli in the oven and thus achieve the best of the nutritional gains when roasting it, as well as being a simple and efficient way to enjoy all its virtues from a gastronomic point of view.
Super Crispy Baked Broccoli
The aim is to successfully evade humidity and thereby achieve an efficient and very rich crunchy exterior , but still maintaining an interior with the perfect dose of juiciness and a completely caramelized flavor. For this, the most important thing is to cook at a high temperature with the minimum of seasonings (trying to enhance its natural flavor ) and adding the necessary fat to achieve the external crunchy effect.
That is why it is important to have the help of basic elements that you can perfectly have in your pantry such as: olive oil , butter, salt and pepper as well as aromatic herbs of your choice, garlic , lemon or some kind of Cured cheese that really works wonders in terms of compatibility of combinations with this green vegetable.
Cooking it in the oven is an extremely rich, delicious and valid strategy so that you can taste broccoli in a gourmet way, with the highest conservation rate of its nutritional , medicinal and gastronomic advantages and always enjoying doing it in a simple and fast way.
The end result is an external roasting or scorching (but without getting charred), this is achieved by caramelizing its own sugars and through the complicity offered by olive oil or butter to obtain a texture that is undoubtedly Outstanding and far removed from boring broccoli traditionally cooked in boiling water.
Learn to cook broccoli in the oven perfectly
For the results of your baked broccoli to be of gourmet quality it is necessary that you pay due attention to the following steps, I assure you that you will be able to enjoy a formidable and unforgettable culinary experience through this precise and controlled procedure.
- Oven preheated to 220 ° C with the air function on (if equipped). The baking tray must be properly lined with paper and the best way to cut the broccoli is by separating each of its florets into small pieces (average size of a bite) while preserving a certain part of its stems as well as its central trunk. (In case there are very large florets, you can perfectly cut them in half , with the firm intention not of keeping identical sizes, but trying to achieve a certain uniformity in cooking).
- It is important to comment that the trunk should not be wasted, you can cut it into cubes or sticks and wash them with plenty of water and then drain them and dry them with a kitchen towel.
- They should be spread in a single layer on the tray and generously drizzled with olive oil, taking advantage of this moment to season them. If you want to add garlic, either sliced or powdered, this is the best time for it, achieving a spike in the increase in flavor .
- With about 15 – 20 minutes of baking, it will be enough to achieve the cooking effect and the desired precise point, it must be fully considered that if the temperature of the oven is not homogeneous or if it does not include a fan function, you must turn the tray halfway through cooking .
- When you remove them from the oven, you should season them with the lemon juice and add, depending on your personal taste, the cheese of your choice (matured) in grated form as well as the freshly ground black pepper.
An essential vegetable for a correct diet , perfect to help you maintain a healthy digestion, manage to fight against hypertension, great for pregnancy, with contributions of various vitamins and ideal for losing weight like kiwi thanks to its low calorie intake .