Creams are the preferred option for many people, especially in cold weather, as we always feel like it and help us regain temperature . They are simple to prepare and only require a short time. In addition, they can be cooked in large quantities in advance and then frozen, thus making things even easier for us on those days when we are very busy but want to eat something delicious.
This dish is very versatile as we can make it with a wide range of vegetables such as carrots, squash, zucchini, etc. In this case, we will teach you how to make a delicious spinach cream with egg that would delight anyone’s palate. Spinach is very nutritious, containing iron, magnesium, calcium and potassium, as well as various vitamins, such as C, E, A and folic acid . So let’s get down to work to surprise your whole family while you feed them properly.
Ingredients to prepare spinach cream with egg
It usually requires 20 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of cooking . It is very quick to make! . We show you what you need to prepare this recipe for 4 people.
- 300 g of spinach
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1 vegetable broth in pill form
- Black pepper
- 100g of fresh cheese to spread
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of breads
If you are a fan of this nutritious vegetable, you should find out the 5 curiosities about spinach that you did not know.
Steps to prepare your spinach cream with egg
- To start we must wash and cut the onion into small pieces and the potato into large cubes.
- In a pot with little oil, fry the onion, once it acquires a golden hue, we will proceed to add the spinach and the potato pieces. We cover all the ingredients with water and add the vegetable stock cube followed by the black pepper and salt to taste.
- Once the potatoes are soft, we will proceed to remove half of the cooking water and add the fresh cheese to spread.
- Blend all the ingredients until we have a soup with a thick consistency and rectify the salt and pepper. Then we serve the cream.
- We take a pot of water and put it on the fire. Once it starts to boil, we stir the water so that a small whirlpool forms on which we will carefully add the egg. We let it cook for approximately 3 min and remove it using the slotted spoon. We make sure all the excess water drains off very well.
- We take the slices of bread, spread it with butter and salt, and put them in the oven until they acquire a crunchy texture.
- Finally, we place the egg on the cream and accompany it all with the delicious breads that we have just baked. Now yes, Bon appétit!