Pumpkin seeds are extremely beneficial to the body, so it’s time to consider including them in your diet if you haven’t even tried them yet. It contains omega 3, antioxidants, good fats, fibers, vitamins, iron and magnesium. A whole cocktail of properties!
A small dose a day and it will greatly improve the health of both the brain and the heart. But it has also shown complete effectiveness in reducing inflammation in the body and improving intestinal transit.
It is a food that you can get and prepare easily, so we not only present it to you, but we also tell you in detail why it is good to eat pumpkin seeds, so pay close attention.
Why should we eat pumpkin seeds?
Besides being delicious, they can help the human body. They are as useful as cauliflower and broccoli , so don’t forget to buy some of them next time you go to the grocery store. Find out here why you should consume them frequently.
- Significantly improves sleep: Pumpkin seeds contain a substance called tryptophan, which, in turn, is able to stimulate the production of serotonin. Serotonin is a useful hormone because it generates a pleasant feeling of well-being. But it also turns into melatonin, one of the hormones that causes sleep.
- Helps to lose weight: It is a food rich in fiber. This makes anyone who consumes it have a feeling of fullness, considerably reducing the portions of meals per day. In conclusion, fewer calories are consumed; consequently, considerable weight loss is generated.
- Improves intestinal transit: Precisely because they contain fibers, pumpkin seeds greatly regulate intestinal transit. In addition to that, they prevent inflammation from gases.
- Increase muscle mass: You can add a little to salads, smoothies or yugures, if you are one of those looking to increase muscle mass. It should be noted that these seeds also provide incredible doses of protein, which significantly helps to improve the condition of your muscles.
- Improves heart health: The antioxidants and fatty acids derived from this food contribute to heart health. In conclusion, they reduce any probability of suffering from cardiovascular disease.
- Pumpkin seeds against anemia: Properties like iron help fight anemia. The best thing is that this food can be consumed by vegans and vegetarians.
- Controls the health of the blood: They keep blood sugar under control, thanks to its high content of magnesium and fibers. For this reason, it is important to include it in the diet of people with diabetes.
How to consume pumpkin seeds?
There are many ways to consume them. Here we will tell you what to do for the correct preparation of food.
- Dried seeds: If completely dry, you can mix them into soup or salad for a hassle-free tasting.
- Shredded pipes : Shred in a food processor or blender, then add a little to the yugurt or fruit juice.
- Pipe oil: To get some, you must buy it in the super market. Then add in the salad or in the soup. You should not heat to consume, since that way it loses all its properties.
Now that you know what its properties are, you will surely want to try a little pumpkin seeds. Ask for them in online stores or find them in specialized establishments.