White gold is nothing more than the beautiful result of an alloy where yellow gold and some platinum-plated metal such as nickel, silver or palladium are used. Generally, one-third of white metal and two-thirds of conventional yellow gold are used for production. The cleaning of this material is important since it allows you to keep it with its respective brightness and, at the same time, achieve a high duration in time.
Here is an article explaining in detail the most positive methods to clean white gold, all of them homemade and very easy to be carried out without any experience. So let’s work to make your white gold garments and jewelry look as newly acquired to enhance your look and make them look beautiful and radiant.
Methods for cleaning white gold
Clean Using vinegar
Undoubtedly one of the most effective methods and that you should have as a first option is that of the white gold cleaning from home by using the vinegar, a product that is available on most shelves and in most pantries and that represents a simple, effective and very inexpensive cleaning method. Let’s see the indications and steps:
- First fill a small bowl with vinegar and add 2 tablespoons of baking soda (although it is optional, you can use it for those garments that have a lot of dirt).
- Mix the vinegar with the baking soda until the latter is completely diluted.
- The jewelry is then immersed in this solution for about 2 hours.
- Rinse with plenty of cold water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Undoubtedly incredible results simply by using a quick cleaning with vinegar and removing dirt and grime while restoring shine.
Using baking soda and lemon for clean
A very useful method, very useful and also extremely inexpensive. This type of cleaning is extraordinary if your garments have embedded dirt that is difficult to remove. This method is used and recommended for those jewels that maintain a certain thickness, since the thinnest ones require greater caution and delicacy. Watch the step-by-step:
- Using mineral water, you fill a container.
- In this mineral water you will submerge the jewelry for 30 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice and baking soda (one tablespoon) and remove the jewel from the water without drying it.
- With the help of a toothbrush, apply the paste (lemon and baking soda) over the entire surface of the jewelry to be cleaned.
- Keep rubbing for a few minutes, trying to avoid damaging the surface of your jewelry.
- Finally you rinse with clean water and see how they have regained their shine.
By using soap
Soap is also a very effective method for the proper cleaning of your white gold jewelry. With a little water, baking soda and detergent your white gold garments will look radiant again. See the step-by-step below:
- Soap and water mixed in a container.
- Then you dip the jewels and mix everything together to generate the foam formation.
- Allow them to rest for half an hour and remove them without drying them.
- Still wet, apply the baking soda on your jewelry and rub the entire surface carefully so as not to damage it.
- Then you bleach your jewelry with clean water and dry it with a soft cloth. You will notice that they have indeed regained their shine.
How to clean white gold with toothpaste
Toothpaste is also perfect for cleaning white gold and besides being effective, it is a very easy and simple process that you can apply to white gold jewelry. The following are the indications to achieve success with this modality:
- First, a cream toothpaste because gel toothpaste will not work and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Put a little cream on the brush and start scrubbing carefully and very gently (3 minutes could be an average time) trying not to leave any part unscrubbed.
- Then rinse with plenty of water to remove the toothpaste residue.
- Dry your garments with a soft cloth until they are perfectly clean, you will notice how the shine has been returned to them.
Additional tips to care for and avoid damaging white gold
- Never use products or ingredients that are corrosive and may deteriorate the physical structure of the white gold.
- Remember that many of the white gold garments keep other metals that could be incompatible with the various cleaning processes, so you should be aware of any contraindications.
- Never wear your jewelry in swimming pools, remember that they use large amounts of chlorine, which will effectively deteriorate them.
- It is also possible to achieve a good cleansing with beer (of the blonde type) or onion juice. Simply rub your garments or jewelry and you will get a high quality cleaning.
- Prevention is the best ally you can use for the care of your jewelry, there is a big difference between a jewel with normal dirt and a neglected jewel. This will depend on you and the proper care you can provide through common sense.
Now that you are a expert on the subject of cleaning of the white gold I offer you an interesting and very practical article so that you can learn the correct way of clean silver from home so that all your jewelry is perfect, I assure you that you can enjoy highly successful results and achieve to return shine, durability and beautifully to all your garments made of this material, always in a simple way and with easy to obtain elements.