There is nothing like a pleasant and relaxing bubbly bath in the tub. Very few things in life really resemble this moment of tranquility and personal peace. But all this relaxation vanishes when you look to the sides and notice yellowish areas and dark spots. Is this the same for you?
I want you to know that this is totally normal. With frequent use, it is inevitable that the whiteness will fade and the enamel shine will diminish, in addition, they tend to appear. stained areas due to hard water scale with excess iron, lime and other minerals, Soap deposits, shampoo residues and moisture marks , even mold in the corners! That’s where it’s worthwhile to get it right regular cleaning.
If you were looking for options to solve this problem, this is of interest to you! In this article we tell you which are the most effective tricks to whiten the bathtub and leave it like new. And the best of all? With homemade products, economical and not aggressive with the skin.
How to clean the bathtub with baking soda and vinegar?
This is the true “Duo of history”. Known to grandmothers, mothers and household experts. Inexpensive, environmentally friendly and highly effective. To take advantage of this method and whiten the bathtub, do the following:
- Apply a little baking soda to the stained areas of the bathtub.
- Rub with a damp sponge to spread the product over the entire area.
- Once this is done, spray the same areas with a little vinegar to cover them.
- Let it take effect for 45 minutes.
- After this time, rinse with warm water and dry with a cloth to check the impeccable finish.
Removes yellow stains from the bathtub with vinegar and hot water
The whitening of the bathtub is possible if it is carried out with suitable, non-abrasive products and with a suitable treatment of the material. Hot water is perfect for combating grease and stuck-on food debris, but it is also ideal for remove soap residues, scale and lime scale from the bathtub, the showerhead and faucets, and if combined with the acidic composition of vinegar, it can be used in the shower.the effect is infallible! These are the steps:
- Fill a container with white cleaning vinegar and spray the entire bathtub with a spray bottle.
- Let it act for 30 minutes.
- Place the plug in the drain and fill the bathtub with hot water (at the highest possible temperature).
- Once filled, leave it that way overnight.
- At dawn, empty it and rub with a sponge, with special insistence on the dull and yellowish areas.
- Rinse with clean water and dry with a dry cloth.
How to whiten yellowish bathtub with white vinegar and salt?
One of the rooms where hygiene must be taken care of and maintained is the bathroom, there is no doubt about that. This is the quickest and most convenient way to wash the bathtub, remove the black dirt, preserve the white color and do not damage the surface enamel. In fact, these two ingredients together are ideal for removing yellow stains in the bathtub, sink and even the toilet effortlessly. See how to do it:
- In a glass full of vinegar, add two tablespoons of salt, stir the mixture and let it stand for a couple of hours.
- Pour the mixture into a spray container.
- Spray over the entire surface of the bathtub and rub with a sponge.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then rinse with plenty of water to see the results.
Note: It is also possible to substitute the vinegar for the juice of two lemons. This citrus fruit is a powerful dirt remover, disinfectant and an effective cleaner of these surfaces. However, it is recommended to wear gloves, as it is a rather abrasive mixture.
Stain removal of bathtub enamel with hydrogen peroxide
Also known as hydrogen peroxide, this liquid is highly recommended as a home remedy for whitening toilets. It is used in this way:
- Pour a little on the yellow and blackened parts.
- Leave on for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Rub with a brush or sponge to help loosen stuck-on grime.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and wash the tub as usual.
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to remove severe stains
This method is similar to the baking soda and vinegar method and works great for stubborn marks that are difficult to remove.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda and two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide in a bowl and stir until a solid paste is formed.
- Apply this paste on the stains (use gloves for safety).
- Wait 1 hour for it to take effect.
- With a soft sponge rub the stained area (which will already be softened) and rinse with warm water.
If after trying all these techniques and products to clean bathtubs, nothing has worked. It is time to apply ceramic glaze appropriate for the material and paint the bathtub white to make it look like it was just purchased. Remember to read the manufacturer’s recommendations carefully and consult professionals if necessary.