Leather boots are emblematic and widely used as an ideal fashion accessory, representing an option of great acceptance, ample comfort, as well as a great deal of security on different occasions. In addition, they are perfectly integrated to work well in unisex mode, offering comfort and a great look in an incredible way for both sexes. Therefore, it is necessary to know in detail how to clean them to make them look splendid and increase their durability over time.
As they are made of leather, they need special care to keep them in optimal conditions but don’t be afraid because “the mansion of ideas” offers you the keys to achieving a successful cleaning of your leather boots in a simple, fast and cheap way. This will allow you to use them without fear of dirty them and let the children enjoy playing regardless of the environmental conditions, with the full assurance that you have at your fingertips the perfect solution for a cleaning effective and also know the correct way to clean white sneakers to keep your footwear beautiful and well cared for.
How to clean your leather boots
You’ve probably asked yourself this question countless times, and it’s still happening in your head. cleaning Will I be able to carry out the cleaning process from the comfort of my home? What is the cost associated with this cleaning? Don’t worry and leave everything in our hands; then, you will be able to visualize and learn the most efficient and effective way to clean your boots. treat your boots to clean them to perfection.
4 essential steps to clean your leather boots
- First, you remove the accumulated dirtThis step is very important because it represents the greatest risk of ruining your leather boots. dirt (dust, sand, debris) using a soft cloth or soft bristle brush. Then use a damp cloth as a second round of cleaning to remove stubborn dirt.
- Moisturizing the leather of your boots: Horse grease or a neutral-colored cream will work wonders for this process. With the help of a soft, clean cloth, apply the cream over the entire structure of your boots, always using a circular motion. This moisturizing using cream or grease will be an integral part of the protection of your boots, preventing stains and allowing the leather to be nourished while renewing its color.
- Repair of imperfections, rubbing, or abrasions: In case you need to repair the surface of the leather of your boots, you should use a neutral cream or the specific color of the leather of your boots. In the market, there are many specialized creams for this task; using them, you will reach a state of perfection that is extremely pleasant.
- Polishing to make the leather shine: Finally, with the help of a cotton cloth , you will rub the entire structure of your leather shoes to give the necessary shine to the entire garment. Additionally, you can apply some water protection to ensure that the cleaning is long-lasting and to keep them away from moisture.
Recommendations for keeping your leather boots in good condition
- You can perfectly give a quick cleaning after each use to prevent dirt from accumulating; these simple and quick cleanings will allow you to enjoy a deep cleaning (when necessary) easily and without many problems.
- Never expose your leather boots to dry in the sun or to stay outdoors for long periods of time. Direct heat from the sun dries and deforms the skin.
- As far as possible, try to avoid using water-based cleaners, as they stain the leather of your boots.
- Use a soft bristle brush to achieve the best access to awkward or difficult places.
Different creams for cleaning your leather boots
Nívea cream as a valid option
Although it may seem like a joke, the Nivea cream traditional “blue can” is an ideal cream to achieve a very good quality cleaning for the leather of your boots and in general for any leather article, this cream allows a very good cleaning of the leather excellent hydration while providing the skin with an extremely natural tone, in addition to correct imperfections and small details on the surface of your boots.
You must respect the drying times of this cream to achieve impressive results, considering that it will be a somewhat slow process because this cream is not specially designed for this type of work.
Horse fat, an effective method
For moisturized leather boots or if you have boots for rough and demanding outdoor use such as hiking, horse fat could be a great ally to achieve high-quality results in addition to increasing the leather’s resistance.
The application will follow the same procedures explained in the cleaning tutorial above, or you can perfectly follow the indications established for the Nivea cream. With it, you will prevent the skin or leather from drying out and cracking, achieving very good results and extending the durability of the entire garment.
Your leather boots are light-colored, clean them with this method
Generally, the leather used in the boots tends to be a strong color. Still, thanks to many options available related to the various models, shapes, and colors are undoubted that there are leather boots with pastel or light tones; if this is your case, pay attention because you should wear soap to clean them.
- In the same way and as a first step you must remove the accumulated dry dirt very well by using a cloth or a soft bristle brush.
- Next, use a moisturizing soap which you will apply with the help of a damp cloth. You must produce as much foam as possible, but try not to overdo the rubbing and always use gentle movements.
- Finally, using a damp cloth, you can remove all the foam generated, dry the excess moisture and allow the boots to dry in the open air while taking care to avoid direct sunlight.
- Once they are dry you can apply the moisturizer of your choice.
Put into practice all these tips and tricks learned in this tutorial and enjoy incredible results, long-lasting, and able to provide your leather boots with maximum durability over time. We also invite you to visit our cleaning section so you can enjoy all the necessary and relevant information about the cleaning and maintenance of your objects and household items, achieving beauty, care, and long life for them. We are waiting for you!