Doing household chores is not always easy, there are jobs that are heavy for some people, for example cleaning aluminum windows. Most of the time, attention is focused on the glass, forgetting the other elements that also accumulate dirt. Aluminum windows are exposed to multiple adversities; that is why they are not maintained as long as you wish. Dust, water, and all substances that hit the windows form difficult-to-remove stains. In order not to make such a mess when you see them dirty, the best thing you can do is to follow the tips we have prepared for you.
Remember that keeping aluminum windows clean is important as it is the way to avoid clogging the tracks and any damage caused by the accumulation of dirt. There are several ways to clean and not make mistakes when cleaning windows. You can help yourself with some tools to reach the smallest places. It is not necessary to complicate your life when doing the housework, and that includes this space that is the visual focus of your living room or master bedroom.
Follow these tips to remove stains from aluminum windows
The first thing you should know is that you can get special products for cleaning glass and aluminum windows. But you can also prepare a solution at home with simple products to remove any permanent stain that has formed. Please pay attention to the following tips and make the most of them to keep your windows clean without much effort.
1. Prepare the windows for washing by removing all dust. You can help yourself with a microfiber cloth or vacuum cleaner.
2. Never use an old or rough-textured sponge to clean aluminum windows. Use a sponge or a microfiber cloth, as it will not leave lint.
3. Make sure that the soap used for cleaning is neutral.
4. If the stain is very heavy or dry paint, you can prepare a solution with sanitary alcohol, white vinegar, and water.
5. Abrasive products are discarded as they spoil the aluminum finish.
6. When cleaning the rails, do not use a conventional brush because traces of dirt will remain. Instead, use a small brush that will reach small cavities without problems. Ensure it is not abrasive to avoid scratching the aluminum, so opt for a soft toothbrush. In the narrowest areas, you can reach with cotton swabs.
7. When cleaning, do not forget to rinse the aluminum surfaces with a clean cloth or sponge dampened with water. This step must be repeated twice.
8. The windows should always be dried with a microfiber cloth; they are the most indicated because they absorb the humidity well and do not leave remains.
9. Sometimes some condensation may form on the aluminum; you must remove it to avoid mildew. The rooms must also be perfectly ventilated for complete drying.
10. When cleaning aluminum windows, don’t forget to clean the inside faces of the frames.
11. For glass, use a lint-free cloth. Dampen with the water and vinegar mixture to remove dirt and add shine simultaneously.
12. If the stain persists, add a few drops of ammonia to the water and rub with a soft brush.
13. Do not forget to repeat the cleaning at least twice a week to avoid accumulating stains that are difficult to remove.