Since the pandemic changed the world forever, many of us decided that it was time to invest a little more money in fixing up the house because, suddenly, we all saw ourselves spending many hours in spaces that were not quite ready to work. Living rooms and kitchens all over the planet turned into makeshift offices. It is absolutely necessary to make an investment not only in the spaces destined to work from home, but also in the other rooms, because there is nothing better than living in a nice house, with nice details and well decorated. Costco knows your struggle and has cool solutions.
Having a nice house can have a positive effect on your mood. A nice-looking house can give you a feeling of pride and satisfaction and make you feel more relaxed and comfortable in your own home. In addition, an enjoyable home’s pleasant atmosphere can reduce stress and improve your overall well-being.
Costco’s nicest furniture pieces for your home
Made with the finest materials and high-quality woods, Costco doesn’t sell trinkets: their furniture is usually high-end, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s out of your budget. Some even appear from time to time in the list of discounts or bargains, with discounts of several hundred dollars.
Viceroy Nightstand with USB plugs
When the day is over, the bedroom is the sanctuary in which everything negative is forbidden, and only the good of the day, what has been learned and lived, remains. To accompany your bed with a touch of elegance and distinction, the Viceroy nightstand is your choice.
It features a large drawer and a bottom shelf to have plenty of space to store your bedside essentials, like books, wallet, glasses, tablet and more. It includes two discreet power outlets and two convenient USB plug-ins for all your charging needs. Not only that, but it is made with great care and attention to detail to last for many years. Each one is worth $449.99, but they are discounted at Costco for a final price of $299.99, a $150 markdown.
Naylor Counter Stool
This counter stool is discreet and unpretentious. It is available in black or beige-gray colors, with subtle carved accents that add a touch of personality and restrained refinement.
It is made of rubber wood, hardwood and MDF, while the upholstery is made of linen fabric of the highest quality and resistance, on a soft and padded upper with high density foam. The regular price is $114.99, but Costco is offering it, for a limited time, with a discount of $35 for a final price of $79.99.
Tresanti 47″ Adjustable Height Desk
To work comfortably, the first thing is to have a good desk that is versatile, comfortable and Moderna but affordable. The Tresanti brand has designed this adaptable piece of furniture with a height that can be modified to fit any chair you have, or even to work standing up.
It also includes two 2.4 amp USB ports and devices with wireless charging capability can be charged on its surface. Right now it’s at Costco for only $329.99.
Harrison 4-Piece Sofa Table
You know what? I had never considered adding a sofa table because I didn’t think it was useful, until one day I stayed in an Airbnb where there was one next to the living room sofa. Surprisingly, we use it much more than we would have thought, for breakfast, afternoon coffee or even for dinner. Sometimes we just don’t want to assemble the dining table, because it’s too big.
The Harrison 4-piece sofa table is perfect for medium to large sized living rooms. It is made of solid pieces of rubberwood and birch veneers. The seats upholstered in gray fabric give an elegant but simple touch to your home. The regular price is $699, but you can find it with a discount of up to $200 for a limited time.
Keira Leather Power Recliner with Power Headrest
Between working hours from home, you have to have a place to rest for a while, have a tea or watch a chapter of your favorite series to clear your mind, and nothing better than a Keira leather power recliner (in white or brown) that also has a USB port to charge mobile devices.
The leather is sewn by hand for a higher quality in the finishes. It is usually worth $999.99, but when paying, Costco will make you a discount of $400, for a final price of $599.99.
Tips for decorating small living rooms
Decorating a small living room can be challenging, but there are many ways to make the most out of the space. Here are some tips gathered from the search results:
- Limit the color palette to create flow throughout the room and accentuate the scheme further. Stick to light shades and neutral tones.
- Use mirrors to reflect views, expand sightlines, and bounce light around. Another way to open up a small living room is to finish the walls in polished plaster or any other reflective decorative surface.
- Make smart choices with furniture selection and layout. Furniture that is the same color as the walls tends to blend in and make the room appear wider. Prioritize multi-functional pieces such as nesting tables or benches with hidden storage.
- Break up a neutral palette with boho patterns or mix and match fabrics and textures to add a tactile dimension and warmth with natural tones.
- Add lush greenery or tiny keepsakes to decorate the corners and create a focal point that will draw the eye away from the room’s layout.
Tips to save money when redecorating a room
There are many ways to lower the budget when redecorating a room, no matter what part of the house is; you can always save a little o a lot of money with a couple tricks.
Use paint instead of wallpaper. Painting is a more economical option and allows you to easily change the look of a room with little effort. Take advantage of the offers and discounts. If you plan to buy new furniture or accessories, wait for offers or discounts in stores or online to save money.
Do it yourself. Instead of hiring a decorator, consider doing some decorating work yourself. This will save you money and allow you to customize your space the way you want. When possible, prioritize natural light. Open the curtains and blinds during the day to take advantage of natural light instead of relying on artificial lamps and lights. This will save you money on the electricity bill and add a warm and cozy atmosphere to your room.
How to Choose the Right Furniture for Your Living Room
Choosing the right furniture for your living room can seem overwhelming, but there are a few key steps to make the process easier:
- Start with the basics. Most living rooms contain a sofa, armchair, side table, and coffee table. Look for these basic elements before adding extra pieces such as ottomans and additional tables.
- Think about how the room will be used. If your living room will act as a daily family hangout, you will need sturdy, stain-resistant furniture, especially if your kids are still young. On the other hand, if your living room will only entertain the occasional guest, you can opt for more fragile pieces made with delicate fabrics.
- Note the room’s natural architecture. Some rooms contain built-in design elements that may help you determine the type of furniture that will look best inside the room.
By following these steps, you can choose the right furniture that will not only look great but also serve you well in your living room.