We all know Pandora, a very popular jewelry brand with all kinds of accessories, from rings to bracelets. The most characteristic of their products are their pendant jewels, small pieces of different models and shapes that you can add to your bracelets to give them a personal, differential, and unique style. These pieces, as nice as they are, have small parts that are difficult to clean. But, don’t worry, in this article, we will tell you about two of the best cleaning methods for Pandora bracelets.
As with other pieces of jewelry such as white gold, for example, Pandora jewelry must also be cleaned with special care to avoid damaging them. Therefore, here is a guide for you to learn, step by step and quickly, how to clean a Pandora bracelet with different products that we all have at home.
How to clean a Pandora bracelet
You must clean your Pandora bracelet thoroughly from time to time. Following the correct cleaning steps will leave it spotless and shiny very quickly. In addition, you won’t have to spend a million dollars on products because you can do it using two ingredients that we all have at home: baking soda and toothpaste.
Cleaning a Pandora bracelet using baking soda
As unbelievable as it may seem, baking soda is the best product to clean silver bracelets. To get the most out of it, here are the steps to follow:
- Line a bowl with silver foil and add one tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of salt.
- Add half a cup of white vinegar to the previous mixture.
- Mix everything until the baking soda and salt are completely dissolved, and add a cup of boiling water.
- Very carefully and with the help of tweezers, put your Pandora bracelet inside the bowl and let it soak for half an hour.
- When the 30 minutes are up, remove the bracelet from the water and wrap it in a clean, soft cloth to dry.
- Once completely dry, use a special polishing cloth and gently rub it to polish it.
Toothpaste as a Pandora jewelry cleaner
Toothpaste is something we all have around the house and is used todeep clean countless things, including bracelets. It is important to make clear that this method of cleaning with toothpaste can only be carried out on jewelry that is completely made of silver and that does not have any ornaments of other material, such as stones or gems, because it could damage them:
- Put some toothpaste on a toothbrush.
- Scrub the entire bracelet with the toothbrush’s bristles, emphasizing the areas that have less color and are more worn.
- When finished, let it soak for a few minutes.
- To finish, remove the toothpaste with clean water. Our advice is to put it under the tap and remove all traces of toothpaste with your fingers.
Tips to take care of your Pandora bracelet
Now that you know how to clean a Pandora bracelet, it is very important that you also learn about its maintenance, as the silver needs to last much longer with color. These tips will be very useful:
- Avoid using perfumes, creams, and other skin products on the areas where you wear your jewelry.
- Every time you go to clean, shower or swim in the sea or pool, you must remove your bracelet.
- When you are not wearing it, it is recommended that you keep it in a special box or bag to protect it and do not put it in high-temperature areas where it is in direct sunlight or where there is a lot of humidity or cold.
Frequently Asked Questions
In case you still have doubts about the care and maintenance of your Pandora jewelry, here are a couple of questions that will make everything much clearer:
Why does my bracelet lose color?
The first thing you should know is that it is normal for your bracelet to lose color over time as the silver is exposed to air for a long period, making it oxidize and get a little darker. To recover its color, you must follow the cleaning process shown above.
How often should I clean my Pandora bracelet?
You should polish it frequently with a special cloth to keep it always shiny. In addition, once a month, we recommend a deep cleaning as explained above.