Is there a more complicated appliance to clean than the oven? Difficult answer, I know. The grease that adheres to it is so severe and resistant that cleaning it becomes a chore that we look at out of the corner of our eyes and postpone every time we use it. Don’t worry! You are not alone. It is a frequent situation that every regular cook is in whenever they become aware of the amount of dirt that is lodged inside.
One of the most complicated parts, besides the walls, the floor, and the trays, is the door glass, which, without knowing how, fills with sticky dirt and takes on a disagreeable appearance. So, if you’ve been wondering: How to clean oven glass? You’ve hit the mark! Here are the keys to removing sticky, dark deposits from the oven door, inside and out, and the best part? With natural products that you most likely have stored in your cupboard. Go for it!
How to clean oven glass with homemade tricks
In some cases, the hustle and bustle of everyday life and the circumstances of daily life do not allow us the time we need to keep our kitchen appliances, which, after each use, accumulate grease, food debris, and pieces of incinerated food, at least this is what happens in the oven. The results when cooking are not favorable since it can affect food hygiene and food aroma.
We know that the glass of the door of this appliance is a rather complicated area because, even after cleaning it, it remains stained and dirty looking at first glance. The good news is that it is possible to leave it streak-free and shiny with the help of a regular grooming session and a couple of infallible allies: cleaners, degreasers, disinfectants, ecological, economical, and very effective! They are baking soda and vinegar.
How to clean oven glass with vinegar
In the deep cleaning of the oven, The door, glass, and rubber are essential parts of the range. However, it is sometimes inevitable that, as the days go by, it acquires a yellowish tone and opacity and feels sticky to the touch. One way to restore the oven glass’s transparency is to clean it with a white vinegar-based cleaning formula. See how to do it:
- In a bowl, mix white cleaning vinegar (not the same as edible vinegar) and hot water and add a little dishwashing detergent.
- Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and spray the entire surface of the oven glass.
- Let it act for 30 minutes, and if it is too dirty, spray again and let it stand for a longer period of time.
- Then, with a sponge, rub to remove the dirt and grease agglomerated inside. Repeat the process on the outside of the door.
- Rinse the product with a microfiber cloth and dry with newspaper, kitchen towel or soft cloth.
Don’t forget that before resorting to chemical degreases that are aggressive with the material, with your skin and with the environment, you can give a vote of confidence to these compounds of natural origin that, in addition to guaranteeing good results, are cheap and easily accessible. Another great grease remover is lemon, a citrus fruit that eliminates unpleasant odors from the interior. Wipe with the juice of this fruit after cooking and you will see the difference.
How to clean the oven glass with baking soda
First of all, consider that the oven door glass is a multi-layered glass, manufactured to withstand high temperatures, so it should not be cleaned in the same way as the rest of the oven surfaces in general. Specific, gentle and effective products that are not abrasive or scratch the glass, but clean and disinfect.
To maintain it properly, you can use a natural remedy that is extremely effective and works as a natural degrease: baking soda. This is the procedure:
- The first step is to remove all burnt and stuck-on food residue. You can use a dishwashing soap diluted in water and a sponge.
- Once this is done if your mission is to clean the glass of a very dirty oven, prepare a cup of baking soda with a little water to form a paste.
- When you have the pasty mixture on hand, apply it to the inside glass of the oven and let it act for 30-45 minutes.
- After this time, rub with a sponge with sufficient intensity until the incrustations come out. If necessary, use a stiff bristle brush or a metallic sponge, but do not exert too much force to scratch it accidentally.
- Then clean with a microfiber cloth (lint-free) dampened with water. Rinse as many times as possible until the product is completely removed. You will notice how the oven door will shine again.
- Finally, dry well with a soft cloth or paper towel in the same direction. Do not make circular movements!
Note: If your oven glass is mirror glass, the best way to make it sparkling and shiny is to soak the cloth in a little alcohol and wipe it several times after drying.
What is better than cleaning the oven with ammonia or vinegar?
A factor to consider, especially in households with children or older adults, is that cleaning vinegar is the best ally, as it is non-toxic, has a high disinfectant power and has different uses.
What happens if ammonia and vinegar are mixed?
The mixture of the two substances produces a gas called chlorine; it is highly toxic, causes irritation, burns and can be fatal due to the damage it causes to the respiratory system.
How to clean a filthy oven?
You can cover the hardest stains with a special sodium bicarbonate paste. It ought to work on even the dirtiest surfaces. Mix cooking soda with hot water and a little salt to prepare the paste. Leave it overnight, and the spots will soften.
What is the best degreased for ovens?
Lemon is a great natural degreased and will help you clean your oven virtually without fuss. Squeeze the juice of two lemons into a baking dish and add 1/3 of water. You can include the lemon peels in the mixture.
How to remove the fat that is encrusted in the oven?
Remove the baking dish from the oven to clean the fat clump with a paper towel. Add the boiling water and a splash of dishwashing liquid to a large bowl. Put the tray in the large bowl and leave it submerged for two hours. After this time, wash the tray with clean water and a sponge.
What is the best kitchen degreaser?
While today, we talked about how to clean the oven, remember that the products we mentioned are useful for the kitchen. Now I will tell you how to remove grease with a natural kitchen degreased.
- Dissolve three tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of warm water.
- Put the mixture on the stained surface and gently scrub to remove the grease.
- Once you have removed the stain, rinse with clean water.