Detergent removes dirt and gets rid of the land from your clothes; however, as time goes by, it takes away the original tone of our favorite garments and no end to gray marks typical of wear and tear or more persistent ones, such as, for example, those that appear in the under the armpits.. Fortunately, all is not lost, and one of the most important effective cleaning solutions to restore vitality to fabrics is closer than you might think – even in the emergency kit-.
In the last decade, the great white tissue revitalizing potential of salicylic acid, the same compound in aspirin and aspirin, has been demonstrated! So, pay attention and know how to clean and whiten clothes with aspirin tablets. And if you don’t have any at home, run to the drugstore because this trick works!
How to wash and bleach white clothes with aspirin? Step by Step
Salicylic acid is the raw material from which the products are manufactured aspirin; you may be surprised and curious. Still, beyond its medicinal application as an analgesic and anticoagulant, it is a way to penetrate deep into the fabric of garments and remove yellowish stains more complicated And the best part? Without exposing them to overly aggressive products that mistreat or wear them out.
In 1897, a scientist named Felix Hoffmann was the father developer of this drug. Although its original use was as a drug, its wonders in the laundry are unparalleled. It can mitigate sweat and blood marks and color unevenness by adding 5 aspirin 325 grams to the wash cycle. See how:
Cleaning by hand
- Crush 5 aspirins of 325 mg or dissolve them in a glass of water. In the case of several garments, double the quantity.
- Add them to a basin full of hot water with a little detergent.
- Let your clothes soak for 5 hours for the components to act and give the desired results.
- After this time, rinse, squeeze and hang in the open air.
Cleaning in the washing machine
- Fill the washing machine with clean water, add a splash of soap and 5 aspirins previously dissolved in water.
- Let soak for 2 hours (or more, depending on the extent of the stain).
- Start a wash cycle as you always do.
- Hang in the sun or tumble dry.
Difficult spots? Apply aspirin directly
If you want to get rid of blood, coffee, wine or ink-stained areas quickly, the procedure is very simple as well. Follow these steps:
- Fill half a cup of water and introduce 4 tablets in it to dissolve.
- Spread a little of this solution on the stain and rub intensely.
- Let it act for 20 minutes to remove the dirt.
- Wash as usual, either by hand or in the washing machine.
Note: If they are dried blood stains, you will likely have to repeat the process to make the trace disappear completely. Remember not to use hot water since, when heated, the blood protein will stick to the fabric.
Unlike other types of tricks, aspirin composed of salicylic acid will restore your original shine, remove old stains, does not affect the fabric, and is times five times cheaper than any bleach on the market. Try it and see!