Have you ever stopped to think about how much money we spend on cleaning products? If one day you decide to calculate everything, you will be left with your mouth open. The aisles of cleaning products and gadgets in shopping malls are completely overcrowded; there are thousands of cleaners for thousands of different uses. And we wonder, isn’t there a more economical way to do home cleaning?
And the answer is that there is a much more economical way to do home cleaning and, what’s more, it is also a much more minimalist and organized way since you will not need to have a specific product for each area of the house to be cleaned, one or two will be more than enough. In addition, these cleaning products, which you can buy, for example, in Lidl, you may even have them already at home, because they are basic things that are a must in any home. Today, in particular, we will talk about Lidl’s baking soda to remove grease, especially that which remains embedded in pots and pans.
Lidl’s sodium bicarbonate of soda to remove grease
Baking soda is one of the most basic and versatile products in the household world, so, as we mentioned before, you probably already have a jar of it in a cupboard at home. Of all the uses it has, for example, it is very good for improving digestion, we like to use it for cleaning the house because it has a brutal degreasing and disinfectant power. If you do not know what baking soda is, we will tell you that it is a white, crystalline compound, usually in powder form, obtained from a mineral called natron.
It turns out that by mixing a little of this baking soda with some citric acid such as white vinegar or lemon, the effervescent chemical reaction produced by joining both products is very good for removing grease and dirt, and is even capable of unclogging or disinfecting. We love to use this baking soda from Lidl to remove grease encrusted in pots and pans; the result is out of this world; it does not leave a drop of oil stuck, and, in addition, with a dazzling shine. As we think it is a very useful cleaning trick for the home, we tell you, below, how to use Lidl’s baking soda to remove grease from pots and pans:
- Add a small spoonful of Lidl baking soda to a bowl and squeeze half a lemon over it.
- Next, once you have thoroughly mixed the baking soda with the lemon juice, pour the resulting mixture right into the bottom of the pan or pot you want to remove the grease that has stuck to it.
- Repeat the first step: mix the remaining half lemon with another small spoonful of baking soda, mix again very well, and this time pours this mixture. above the base of the pot or the frying pan, as this is another area where a lot of greases accumulates or even gets very dirty from the fire and the glass-ceramic hob.
- Let everything act for several minutes so that they penetrate well into the pan or pot. The longer you leave it on, the easier it will be to remove the grease later.
- Now, we will rub the base of the pan, or pot, with a special green scouring pad for stainless steel to avoid scratching or damaging the surface. Repeat the same step with the inside of the pot you are cleaning.
- To finish, rinse everything very well under running water. And that’s it.
To finish, we would like to tell you about some other cleaning tricks you can do with this Lidl baking soda, besides removing grease. For example, it is also very useful for cleaning floors, bathrooms, the surfaces of household appliances, sinks, silver objects, to remove stains from white clothes or to clean and shine glass-ceramic hobs or stoves, among countless other uses.