Eating organic products has many advantages for our health and for the environment. These products do not contain harmful chemicals such as pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, which makes them healthier and safer to consume. Organic crops help to preserve biodiversity and reduce soil and water pollution. They are also a more sustainable option for farmers, as they do not rely on expensive and potentially toxic chemicals. Trader Joe’s is known for offering high quality organic products at affordable prices.
The California-based brand is proud to offer a wide selection of fresh foods, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, and organic dairy products. Most of Trader Joe’s own-brand products are organic and meet strict quality standards. Customers trust the brand to provide healthy and sustainable food at affordable prices. There is one fresh produce that recently won the category in the TJ’s Costumers Choice Awards. Which one is it?
Trader Joe’s Best Fresh Produce, According to the Fans
25 years ago, a Trader Joe’s executive was checking on a store in Sun City, Arizona, to confirm that everything is in its place, clean and nice for customers. A customer was looking at some pre-packaged bananas but did not buy them, and that led the executive to doubt.
“Excuse me, ma’am, but why don’t you buy those bananas?”, he asked her. The answer seemed obvious for a company like Trader Joe’s, but it came from the clientele: the woman shared that it would be much easier to buy them if they were sold individually, instead of in pre-packaged bunches.
At her age, she joked, a woman wants to take life “one banana at a time.” And well, Trader Joe’s listened to that suggestion and, since then, sells the bananas individually.
Now you can walk into any Trader Joe’s store in the United States and, for just $0.25, you get the organic bananas one by one. And customers love that because bananas because they’re now one of the best-selling fresh product, and the winner of this year’s Costumers Choice Awards. Additionally, you can also take the conventional bananas for as low as $0.19 but, come one, for additional $0.06 you better treat yourself with a pesticide-free fruit that takes care of the environment.
Trader Joe’s Bananas: Why You Should Add Them to Your Diet
There are five things that make Trader Joe’s bananas an all-time bestseller because it is a food rich in nutrients and offers many health advantages. Here are five of them:
- High in potassium: Banana is a good source of potassium, an essential mineral that helps regulate blood pressure and maintain heart health.
- Good source of fiber Source: It contains soluble fiber, which helps to maintain a healthy digestive system and control blood sugar levels.
- Low in calories: Above all, bananas are low in fat and calories, which makes them a healthy option for those looking to control their weight.
- Loaded with antioxidants: Its high antioxidant content helps protect the body from cellular damage and improves overall health.
- Packed with vitamins and minerals: Furthermore, the banana is rich in essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, iron and magnesium.