There are two parts of a home that home lovers will want to know more about cleaning we love to leave flawless and shiny always, and that, particularly, I think that they are the heart of the house, these are the bathroom and kitchen one thing that these two areas have in common is the tiles. The typical problem is cleaning them properly to get them spotless. It’s a real headache!
Kitchen tiles are one of the places where the most dirt accumulates in the whole house, mainly due to the direct contact with oils and fats during cooking and the frequency of use of this space. For that reason, stains and dirt on tiles are routine. Here are some useful, simple, fast, and economical tips for cleaning them.
How to clean tile in your bathroom with vinegar and baking soda
Are you concerned about dirty and damp stained tiles and joints? I, too, until I discovered that this ingredient is very useful for almost any problem (yes, my mother was right in the end). Baking soda is an efficient ally when cleaning stained and stained tiles and is also ideal for removing soap scum, fungus, and mildew.
Cleaning bathroom tiles should be a daily household chore and a must. It is a room in the house that is also used a lot, at least two or three times a day, and that is why you should take advantage of the following tips on cleaning them properly.
As in the toilet, they accumulate traces of foam, soap, and scale, and although it seems like torture or an impossible challenge, the truth is that getting rid of them is easier than you think, and the solution is at your fingertips. Read on and learn how to clean bathroom and kitchen tiles with a few simple but effective tricks and inexpensive ingredients that are easy to find in any supermarket (maybe you already have them in your pantry).
Recommendations for cleaning tile joints
The star ingredients to achieve this feat are baking soda and vinegar. However, do you use them properly? These are the cleaning techniques that have worked for me and with which I have achieved that both the ceramics and the joints look as good as new and the dirt comes out without so much effort:
- With vinegar: put equal parts of water and vinegar in a container, pour this combination into a sprayer, spray on the joints, and let it act for 20 minutes. Scrub using a toothbrush and warm water.
- With baking soda: In this case it is not recommended to dilute in vinegar or water. Use the baking soda powder directly on the joints and scrub with a toothbrush; leave for about 15 minutes and scrub again with a little warm water.
- With cleaning products: If you are lucky enough to have a chemical cleaning product that has accomplished this task, great. If it’s not harmful to the planet, it’s not harmful to you, and it removes dirt, allergens, bacteria, and dust mites, keep doing it and recommend it to everyone you can.
Only for home lovers, you will need the following to clean
- A sponge.
- A dry cloth.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- 200 ml vinegar.
- Abundant water.
Steps for tile cleaning
- Make a paste by mixing baking soda and water.
- Spread this paste on the tile’s surface and sit for at least one hour.
- After this time, rub with the sponge and remove with a dry or slightly damp cloth.
- Next, mix the vinegar with two cups of water and clean again by wetting the sponge in this solution and let it act for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of hot water (be careful not to burn yourself) to remove any remaining residue.
- Finish cleaning with a damp handkerchief.
Five more tricks with which you can clean your tiles
You must dilute the baking soda in water to remove stubborn stains with a sponge or cloth. You can also add some hydrogen peroxide and liquid soap to achieve better results. It’s up to you, but we recommend that the mix be as complete as possible.
Use soft drinks, especially Coca-Cola.
Coca-Cola is a very effective product for cleaning tiles and their joints. Just wipe with a towel soaked in this soda and let it sit for a few minutes. Afterward, you have to clean the area with a damp cloth.
In the past, our mothers used to use the typical steamer, it is still valid and sold in stores, but we will give you another tip that will be easier and more accessible. Close doors and windows so that the steam from the pressure cooker, which should be filled with water, will wet all the tiles and soften the accumulated grease and dirt. Afterward, wipe with a clean, dry cloth, and your tiles will be shiny and spotless.
It is a specific product, but you should use it with caution due to its toxic components. Mix 250 milliliters of bleach with 500 milliliters of cold water in a bucket. This mixture will eliminate and prevent the appearance of bacteria and fungi on the tile joints. When ready, moisten a sponge or cloth with it and wipe the affected areas. While it dries, let it act for a few minutes. The result will be spectacular.
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Toothpaste has a whitening formula with baking soda, which is an excellent remedy for cleaning kitchen tiles and leaving them shiny. Just spread the paste with a brush or sponge vigorously. Afterward, rinse with cold water. You will be amazed at the shine that the tiles will acquire after the process is finished.
How to make your tiles shine like new again
Cleaners use this tactic to make bathroom or kitchen tiles and grout look bright and shiny. This is not a typical “stain remover remedy” that doesn’t work at all, but a real cleaning bomb that works effectively combined with ingredients that will not harm the surface and will leave it free of mildew, stains, dirt, germs, and bacteria. They will certainly make your life easier!
This handmade pump -don’t panic, you won’t have to throw it anywhere- is combined with other harmless ingredients and results in a sort of “stone” which, when floated with ceramic tile, is capable of stain removal and disinfection without causing any damage, without being toxic for those who handle it and removing bad odors from the environment.
You will need the following:
- 1 small bottle of liquid alcohol.
- Liquid or powdered dish soap.
- 2 cups of baking soda.
How to clean with a cleaning pump
- In a bowl place the baking soda together with the liquid soap and mix little by little.
- Add the alcohol step by step in its totality.
- Make “balls” with this composition and let it rest for one or two hours until they harden.
- Hold one of these balls, rub it on the tiles, and let it act for one hour.
- Stir this with sufficient water and dry with a tissue to leave it lustrous.
The best ways to remove scale from tiles
Yes, the tartar that accumulates on the ceramics is a topic that drives more than one crazy. If you do not know how to remove it from the bathroom or kitchen walls, it is the perfect time to give a chance to this effective and inexpensive remedy that you are sure to have available in your home.
This is what you need:
- A glass of vinegar
- One lemon.
- A sponge.
- A cloth.
- Mix the vinegar with the lemon juice and 30 ml of water in a glass.
- Apply this mixture with the help of a sponge in the area where the tartar stains are.
- Allow the product to take effect for 20 minutes and rinse with water.
- Wipe with a damp and dry cloth to give a touch of shine to the ceramics.
- Rinse the walls with warm water.
Important about cleanliness!
Beware of dangerous combinations, for example:
- Baking soda and vinegar: as they can generate gases that are harmful to the skin, eyes, respiratory tract, and throat.
- Vinegar and hydrogen peroxide: forms peracetic acid, a component that can be explosive.
- Vinegar and bleach: produces harmful toxic fumes.