To take care of shoes and keep them organized at home is fundamental to saving money, because, I think we all agree: shoes are so expensive! If you properly take care of your shoes, they will last longer than expected, and you will also help the environment by not throwing away plastic that often. The designers at Ikea have made the perfect solution for that modern life issue.
You can follow some advice to take care of your shoes at home. For example, it is important to rotate your shoes regularly to distribute wear evenly: do not wear the same shoes for weeks; instead, use their days apart. Clean them regularly and store them in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight or heat, and consider adding to your closet some of this Ikea product that, for $1.50, can save your shoes from deforming. Transform your bedroom in a good environment for your shoes.
Maximize Sneaker Longevity with Ikea’s $1.50 Game-Changing Innovation
The MURVEL shoe organizer from Ikea is a freestanding shoe rack that can hold a variety of shoe sizes and types, no matter the size or shape. It is made of heavy-duty, durable plastic and is designed to be easy to use. The MURVEL shoe organizer is intended to be a space-saving solution for organizing shoes in a closet, entryway, or another area of the home. Store twice as many shoes in the same space, and prevent your shoes to get ruined by putting more shoes on top.
It’s perfect for many spaces: from entryways to narrow hallways, to bedrooms, closets, or walk-in closets helps yourself to have a more organized space at home and keep your shoes in good condition for a longer time.
The Ikea MURVEL shoe organizer is a convenient and stylish way to keep your shoes organized and easily accessible. The $1.50 price (in the US stores, and the website) is almost incredible. And last but not least, it’s made with 20% or recycled polypropylene plastic to reduce waste as the Swedish company is intended to.
Keeping your shoes in place is important to prolong their lifespan and prevent uneven wear
To keep your shoes in good condition, follow these tips:
- Avoid storing shoes with other shoes: Stacking shoes on top of each other can cause wear and tear
- Don’t store shoes in plastic: Plastic can cause shoes to become moldy and discolored. Use acid-free tissue paper instead
- Clean your shoes before storage: Cleaning your shoes helps them last longer by removing dirt, dust, and other residues that can degrade the materials
- Stuff shoes with acid-free tissue paper: This helps retain the shape of your shoes during long-term storage
- Choose proper storage locations: Avoid storing shoes in basements, attics, garages, or other locations with extreme temperature changes, as these can break down shoe materials
- Create special storage for special shoes: Store high-quality or rarely worn shoes in a separate box or bag to protect them from dirt and damage
- Maintain the shape of softer shoes: Use clean tissue or a cardboard, wood, or plastic shape to maintain the toe shape of softer shoes
- Regularly clean or polish your shoes: This helps maintain their appearance and extends their lifespan
- Avoid stepping in dirt: Keep your shoes away from mud, wet grass, and water puddles to prevent them from getting dirtier and reducing their lifespan
- Review and donate shoes: Annually check your shoes for any that need repair or donation, and remove them from your collection
- Use sole protectors to keep them from scuffing or wearing out with use. Here are some ways to keep your shoes in good condition:
- Store your shoes in a cool, dry place to prevent them from deteriorating with moisture.
- Use special boxes or bags to store your shoes and protect them from dust and other elements.
- Clean your shoes regularly with a damp cloth or shoe care product.
- Use special insoles or inserts to improve the support and comfort of your shoes.
Save space with this other IKEA foldable, affordable shoe rack
It does not have much science, it is not very complicated, it is only a practical and simple-to-use shoe rack: it is the Ikea GREJIG that is perfect to save space and make better use of the surface in your wardrobe, or closet, or in the entryway of your house. For only $5 each, you can place as many as fit and need.
Any GREJIG shoe rack can hold up to 3 pairs of shores, and you can stock up to three on the top of each other. When you are not needing it, you can fold its legs and store it so that it does not get in the way and take it out again on demand, as you need to store shoes. It is metal covered with plastic, so it will not rust if the shoes are wet or covered with snow or mud, perfect for places with changing climates.